DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Ontario Canada (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/4600-ontario-canada.html)

Stewart S October 26th, 2002 12:09 PM

Ontario Canada

I've been working in the television industry for 11yrs. I started off shooting news & sports, now I shoot mainly commercials. My true passion would be shooting nature documentaries, so I am looking at getting my own camera. I had a chance to go down to Florida as a camera assistant for a 10 day nature shoot, using a Canon XL-1. I've been reading these forums for a while now and decided it was time to register and join in.

Stewart

Dylan Couper October 26th, 2002 09:27 PM

Howdy!
Where abouts in Ontario are you from?

Stewart S October 26th, 2002 11:05 PM

Peterborough

Dale C. Elliott October 27th, 2002 06:28 AM

Welcome Stewart, I am not too far from you. I live in Brockville.
You will find there is lots of good info. here.

Dale

Rob Lohman October 28th, 2002 03:09 AM

Welcome aboard Stewart! Good to have you with us. Good luck
on your own camera purchase and your nature shoots in the
future!

Dylan Couper October 28th, 2002 04:45 PM

My grandparents had a cottage near Peterborough. I think on Lake Chemong. If I remember correctly. Used to go there for a few weeks every summer.

Adrian van der Park October 28th, 2002 05:26 PM

Hey Stuart.

Welcome.

and to make you feel more at home, he's my background.

I grew up in Oakville, Ontario. Parents long since moved to Caledon north of Toronto. I lived at one point in Ottawa, Toronto, then moved to LA for a few years to work, then back up to Canada in Vancouver. I flip flop all over the place but look forward to relocating back to TeeOhh sometime soon to be closer to my family.

Seems that there are a lot of people here from Vancouver and Ontario.

may you always enjoy good focus.

Adrian

Keith Loh October 28th, 2002 06:40 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Adrian van der Park : Hey Stuart.

may you always enjoy good focus.

Adrian -->>>

Nanu nanu

Dylan Couper October 28th, 2002 11:04 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Adrian van der Park : Hey Stuart.

I flip flop all over the place but look forward to relocating back to TeeOhh sometime soon to be closer to my family.

Adrian -->>>

After living both in Vancouver and Toronto, I would do everything in my power to make my family move here, rather than return to Toronto. Failing that, I would stay here and find new family. Vancouver is about 10x more beautiful than Toronto.

Fortunately, when I moved here, my immediate family moved to Kelowna, so we are close enough.

Adrian van der Park October 29th, 2002 12:18 AM

Hey Dylan, you want to hit up for a coffee sometime?

Adrian

Stewart S October 29th, 2002 01:43 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you on the forum and hearing more about what everyone is working on, sharing tips etc.

Chemong lake is 10-15 mins. from where I live Dylan. I used to go windsurfing there.

Stewart

Dylan Couper October 29th, 2002 08:21 PM

Stewart, I used to windsurf there too!

Adrian, coffee sounds good, shoot me an e-mail! the_klenzer@hotmail.com
Any of the other Vancouverites interested in a get together?

Keith Loh October 30th, 2002 12:02 PM

Sure. As long as there are women.

Bryan Beasleigh November 12th, 2002 09:13 PM

I live in Barrie Ontario and my job takes me from Vancouver Island to Montreal. Sometimes I wind up south of the border.