Hello from the UK! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from the UK!

Hey There,

I actually registered about a week ago, but my account has only just been validated!

A little about me:

I'm Ollie James Needham from Northampton, UK - and am very new to the world of video. I started video as I needed it for my GCSE Media course - and as a result fell in love with it and have been doing it for the past 2 years. I have just started AS Media and am looking forward to the video opportunities with in it.

My current gear includes a Canon HG10, Rode Videomic & a Libec TH-650DV tripod.

I haven't done anywhere near the amount of work some of you guys will have done, - however I've done promotional videos for a company called iForce (www.iforcegroup.com) and one of the UK's biggest musical instrument retailer Professional Music Technology (Professional Music Technology - 01702 332743) amongst other various projects.

I am looking to upgrade my camera in the next couple of months to something like the Sony HVR-Z1 (i've read the reviews on this forum, aswell as demo videos etc and am pleased with the feedback - I had originally considered the HVR-V1e, however I need a camera that will shoot well in dim lighting too, which the Z1 appears to do!)

Thanks for reading my intro, I look forward to some feedback regarding cameras etc!

Cheers, Ollie
Ollie James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #2
Trustee

Welcome to dvinfo, Ollie. You will find a great bunch of people from all over who share your enthusiasm. Don't worry about being relatively new to video - we are all learners here.

Last year I started a list of all the dvinfo Brits http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/935598-post141.html who were currently posting and I'll add you to it when I get back from holiday. (I am currently staying at a rather famous film location and have all my gear with me).

Be seeing you.

Last edited by Colin McDonald; October 11th, 2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added link for dvinfobrits list last posted (no mean feat on an iPhone)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Leith Walk, perhaps?
Jonathan Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Your 2nd clue...

Questions are a burden to others.

And anyway, a Glasgow man going to Edinburgh on holiday?
Gie's a brekk!
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Welcome to dvinfo, Ollie. You will find a great bunch of people from all over who share your enthusiasm. Don't worry about being relatively new to video - we are all learners here.

Last year I started a list of all the dvinfo Brits http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/935598-post141.html who were currently posting and I'll add you to it when I get back from holiday. (I am currently staying at a rather famous film location and have all my gear with me).

Be seeing you.
Thanks for the welcome Colin!

I'll have a browse around the various forums!
Ollie James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Questions are a burden to others.

And anyway, a Glasgow man going to Edinburgh on holiday?
Gie's a brekk!
Wales then i take it, home of the prisoner.......gotta laugh at the Glasgow vs Edinburgh thing, i'm sittin on the fence in Lanark......mind you last time i was in Glasgow some wee ned ripped off my side indicator and i was only there for literally 10 min picking up my passport.

Andy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood