Hello from Minneapolis, Minnesota! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Minneapolis, Minnesota!

Hi there! I'm Benji Robbins. I'm 19 years old and currently living in Minneapolis.

I've been working with cameras and film most of my life, but just recently made my first legitimate camera purchase just a couple of months ago.

I own a Canon Xl1, and have access to a Tascam digital recorder. The sound quality is wonderful, and really adds a lot to projects that I'm a part of.

I'm a co-owner of a small, start up videographer business, Negative Art Productions. We started the business to try and make some money to improve our equipment to continue making short films, as well as feature length.

I've just recently started using Adobe Premiere for my editing. Since I'm new to that program, and editing in general, any tips or useful information would be greatly appreciated.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I'm very passionate about film, and I'm constantly working on the many, many projects I have on the back burner. I have a few short films to my name.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community, and I'm expecting to learn a lot.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Ben Robbins; October 14th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Ben Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome to the community. Lots of helpful folks here. For your Adobe questions, I would recommend joining the Adobe forum. If you have specific ones, you can try posting them here (in the appropriate area). I wonder which would give you a faster response (might be worth a test). If there is a local Professional Videographer's Association in your area, I would recommend joining for the networking opportunities and to improve the quality of your work.
Best of luck with your video biz.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Trustee

Hey Ben, welcome to the board.

I'm just down the road in Northfield. Best of luck to you and your new camera!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood