Hello from Emeryville CA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Emeryville CA

We're a small company doing training and educational videos delivered over the web for large corporations. Been hanging out here for the last month reading up. Feels like I am back in school! Been doing videotaping, sound and editing for a number of years, but there is still so much I don't know.

Finally upgraded our trusty old XL-1 to a Sony EX1R. Wow, what a difference. Just upgraded our K6 lav and ME66 setup to a Schoeps w/ MK4 as well. Got out VERY small studio setup with some acoustic treatment. Hmm, I am starting to feel like a professional. Now I just have to act like one - lol.

If there are any videographers in the SF Bay Area who will trade a couple of beers or some coffee for letting me pick their brain for a bit let me know ;)
Jon Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Jon,

Are you also a Scary Cow member? It sounds like I've been on the same path as you. I recently jumped from a XL H1a and XH A1 pair to an EX3 and love the camera. I've got a small production company going. One man shop plus the boss (my wife). I'm over in Novato but also work in Oakland. If you ever need a second camera or additional support help keep me in mind. I've also got a small light set up. I'm still on an ME66. Been contemplating moving up to a MHK 416 or a Schoeps. But now the next big purchase I'm trying to save for is CD NanoFlash.

If you want I'd love to get together and swap experiences and thoughts about different techniques as well as talk about possibilities for working together. Drop me an email.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Nope Garret, not yet a member of the Cow. Will be joining though, lot's of good info there as well that I have seen. Some great tutorials too.

EX3 huh? You're doing better in this business than I am, that's for sure ;)

Yeah, the NanoFlash is impressive. Might have gone that way and avoided the Mac raid system if I had been more enlightened. Oh well, uncompressed works for me too...

Definitely would love to get together at some point, but notice this board doesn't support PM's? I'll shoot you an email with my contact info.
Jon Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Trustee

Hi Jon,

I've just officially started my production company. Up until now I've been doing it freelance as a second job. So, most of the money I've earned from doing projects has been able to be put into building up my equipment. So, officially my business has not made anything yet :).

I really like the portability of the Nano and the fact that it could double as a portable player so clients can quickly see review the results. That's an acquisition that's a ways off thought. For now I find the EX cameras to be excellent out of the box. I'm in the middle of editing a dance show I shot last weekend and I'm amazed at how much better it is with low light situations than my old Canon XL H1a and XH A1 were. Makes doing shows like that with huge differences in contrast and sparkling outfits much easier to produce.

This site does let you send pm's but I think you have to have a minimum number of posts first. Here is my email address so you can email me directly:

Garrett@GLowMediaProductions.com

SC is a great place to gain experience in areas of filmmaking that most people would otherwise not get to. It's also a great way to network to pick up additional jobs.

Shoot me an email and we'll try to set up a time to meet and swap war stories.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Major Player

Greetings from Pinole CA.

I'm too a one man army with my production company!! I'll soon be shooting on a new EX1r and Steadicam Pilot AA in March or April.

I've been doing wedding videos this year since the market has been not so good for more marketing and corporate stuff.

Message me, I'd like to join this group!
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #6
New Boot

And hello from Emoryville, ca too

er - Emoryville, Ontario, Canada. two person shop here - me and the mrs.

Regards,
Fred
Fred LeFevre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood