DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy, from Texas. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/472628-howdy-texas.html)

Phil Golden February 10th, 2010 07:48 PM

Howdy, from Texas.

Hello everyone.

I am from Wichita Falls and am so happy I found this site. The end. No, j/k'ing.

As for me, I am a beginner at all of this. My history lies in Theatre (college hobby) on the actors side of the stage. I don't have any experience with film other than being an extra in "The Guardian"... I know, I know...

I found the site researching about documentaries and everything associated with them. This is by far the best forum about the subject I have seen yet. The general mood of the multiple threads I have read is one of great support. And I am the guy in need of that!

While, I have no experience in film making, I do have a great passion. In fact, I think I missed (one) of my callings. Who thought that when I was a kid, closing my eyes and composing my own videos to my favorite songs, that a film maker was trying to get out.

At any rate, I have a massive project in the works. A close friend and I are embarking on a 7 week overland expedition across the US and Canada with the sole purpose of raising awareness for ALD. (Adrenoleukodystrophy). Not much has been done since Lorenzo's Oil and even then it was a Hollywood production. We are filming a documentary of the process from start to finish in a raw style similar to Les Stroud. More like a mix of Les' work on Survivorman and McGregor and Boorman's Long Way 'Round. At any rate, I have a ton of questions and every time I search the forums for one answer, I find another question to ask.

I don't to get too repetitive so, if you are interested in what we are doing, the plan, etc... boogy on over to the documentary forum and help a guy out. I will be posting there, with more details (I guess that would be the best place) and definitely some questions over time.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Chris Hurd February 10th, 2010 08:14 PM

Welcome aboard, Phil -- we're glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing more about your expedition as it happens! Best regards,

Phil Golden February 10th, 2010 10:13 PM

Thanks Chris!

I have posted up in the documentary section, some more info.

With regards to updates, and this is somewhat exciting, one of our sponsors, Outlander Trailers, is working on a new style of trailer that integrates massive stored power, 250 watt solar cells, wind turbine and a satellite mast that extends up to 50' in the air when guyed out. We will be connected no matter how remote we are as long as we have a clear view of the sky.

In addition to SPOT tracking, we will be able to update followers via our website and social networking sites with up to the minute progress and developments.

PG

Reed Hewitt March 4th, 2010 08:04 AM

Welcome, Phil! I'm your neighbor a little to the south in Corpus Christi. If your travels take you down this way, let me know; maybe I can help you out with your project.

Reed