G'Day from Japan at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

G'Day from Japan

I came across DVinfo now that I am researching new cameras for a switch to tapeless and HD.

I have been making videos since highschool where I filmed on Video-8 and used my Amiga 2000 for titles and VHS to VHS over composite to make skateboarding videos! I got pretty good with the pause button.

I did a promotional video for a music festival and got my first experience of a proper editing system with a Panasonic S-VHS editor. It was amazing being able to "transcode" my Hi-8 to S-VHS without the loss in quality I had been used to. Hehehe... those were the days

I have always been interested in Motorsport and combined that interest with video after a long break from any video editing.

About 7 years ago my mother died so I lost interest in work, got fired, sold my car, bought a Sony DSR-PD170P, a Canon MVX25i, a suction mount with a Manfrotto 3D mount, a Miller tripod and a plane ticket to Japan with the intention of dazzling the world with amazing videos...

I sold some footage to production companies, but I naively expected them to pay me!
I also discovered the joy of seeing my wonderful footage turned into garbage...
I got discouraged by this and had some very expensive trouble with my errr "local authorities" who were also doing some filming in the same location.
Oh and the company I was working for went bankrupt!

So the footage I had sat around while I dealt with the realities of life I eventually co-produced and financed a DVD, it was not quite as good as I had hoped, but it was released and that is what counts.

YouTube - Phat Sliggity :: Zipties ?????

I hope to purchase a new camera, computer and NLE program and came here to find out what to get.

...if anyone films motorsport with a CMOS camcorder I would be very interested to hear what you have to say about Rolling Shutter!
Laurence Janus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood