Hello from Alberta at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew
Hello from Alberta

Hi everyone - I have been on the forum for quite a few years now and read Q and A's for many years before I actually bought a camcorder and joined. I'm just taking this opportunity to reintroduce myself. I am heading to Calgary tomorrow to pick up a Sony EX1R and finally move into the world of HD.

I have been running my Canon XL1s for about 8 years and I am finishing up my final SD project - a film about cavity nesting ducks. Most of my stuff is about natural and historical subjects in Western Canada. The largest project I have completed is entitiled "Red Deer River Journey". It is about a solo trip I took several years ago along the entire length of our Red Deer River. That was a learning process and has allowed me to make presentations to many different nature-based groups and schools, etc. I am getting my message out and learning about videography and many other things at the same time.

I will be perusing these boards a lot more frequently again - now that I will have a new camcorder and will be working in a new format. I'm looking forward to the world of high definition - it's a dream I have had for a while now. I have no formal training, so everything I have learned is from sources such as Videomaker and DVinfo.net. Being active on the Dvinfo boards again is kinda like coming home...
Nature Boy
Phil French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Welcome back!
Shaun C. Roemich Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC - Videographer - Webcaster
www.roaddogmedia.ca Blog: http://roaddogmedia.wordpress.com/
Shaun Roemich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #3
New Boot
Awesome to see other Albertans! just got on here myself and glad to see i wasnt the only one :)
Jay Fensom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood