DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from the Northeast (Maine) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/47600-hello-northeast-maine.html)

Scott Lovejoy July 12th, 2005 05:35 PM

Hello from the Northeast (Maine)

Hi, my name is Scott Lovejoy (go figure).

I'm a college student in Maine studying computer science but have an incredible love for film.

My college does not have a film program but a lot of the people who go there enjoy film and acting so there are resources to shoot films.

I am currently editing (using Adobe Premier Pro) a feature (> 60 minutes) that we shot at a Mill in upstate New York, it's a horror/scary movie called "The Mill", original I know. We used *shudder* Sony Handycams that were borrowed from the school, and because of this a lot of the scenes are going to go through a rigorous post production doctoring.

This year, when I get back to school I'm going to do some shorts on my own, hopefully with a camera I'm going to purchase this summer, either an XL1 or XL1s is the way I'm leaning right now, whichever will fit my budget better.

So that's a brief overview, any questions just ask.

P.S. - I have a pretty good knowledge of sound through our radio station (and mixing concerts) and a good knowledge of computers/editing software. I know I'm young compared to some of the more experienced people in this forum, but I feel I have something to bring to the community.

So again, hello.

Christopher C. Murphy July 13th, 2005 07:58 AM

Hey neighbour...I'm in NH.

Contact some of the local filmmakers in your area. I know there are a few in the Portland area that are very active. Those guys (and girls) shoot shorts and features and usually need help. They're pretty serious too, so you'll see lots of passion in their projects. I'm trying to remember some of the guys who contacted me...they do a lot of horror movies...

Also, consider joining "Film North" in Beverly, MA. It's all the "north of Boston" filmmakers..

Scott Lovejoy July 13th, 2005 09:44 AM

Christopher-

I was looking over your website, and I have to ask: Is "Dark Comedy-The Movie" based on the stage play of the same name?

Christopher C. Murphy July 13th, 2005 10:10 AM

Nope, I never even heard of that stage play. It's a title of a screenplay I wrote (and I'm in re-writes currently on 5 screenplays).

I did a quick search for "dark comedy" and "play", but didn't find anything?!

Scott Lovejoy July 13th, 2005 10:15 AM

My fault, it's actually "Black Comedy"

I thought by saying The Movie you were insinuating it was released first as another medium, and I thought of a play I had seen where the lights kept turning off, and whenever the lights turned off inside the play, they would turn on on the stage, hard to explain without actually seeing it but quite amusing. I don't know how it would transfer to film though.