Greetings from a young filmmaker in Downingtown PA! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings from a young filmmaker in Downingtown PA!

Hello everyone, glad to be on the forum. I began making videos when I was about 12 with a little toy video camera/editing software called digital blue. 2 cameras, a myriad of cheapo economical camera equipment, and 3 years later here I am :D.

Last summer I won a contest to create a commercial for a company out in California that sells airsoft guns called Evike.com. Winning that contest landed me a position as one of their video reviewers. So, they send me the latest airsoft equipment to keep, and in return I make them a video!

Since that "gig" began, I began to look at film as a career choice as opposed to a hobby. I'm currently using Sony Vegas 9 to edit (just switched form magix movie pro 15) and a Panasonic SD5 to film.

At the moment I'm working on a 30 minute film for my high school graduation project, working as much as possible at the local food mart to save up for my next camera, endlessly debating between a used broadcast quality mini DV camera or a spiffy new AVCHD camera, and entering every film fest I come across.

Here's some of my work if your interested... look forward to being a part of the forums!

In my opinion my best review:
YouTube - Evike.com ARES M4A1 Video Review

A rough edit of my latest film currently in the West Chester Film Fest:
YouTube - Revolt (Independent short action war film)

My half baked never properly finished horror series I made for Halloween 09:
YouTube - The Subverters Episode1 The Asylum {part 1} (Independent Action/Horror Short Film)
Dan Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Frantz View Post
Last summer I won a contest to create a commercial for a company out in California that sells airsoft guns called Evike.com. Winning that contest landed me a position as one of their video reviewers. So, they send me the latest airsoft equipment to keep, and in return I make them a video!
Can't beat a deal like that.

Welcome aboard!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood