Hi there...UK Londoner with the excitability of a schoolboy over his new 550D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Tourist

Hi there...UK Londoner with the excitability of a schoolboy over his new 550D

Hi everyone, my name is Jake Wynne and I am a commercials and music video director/editor working in London. I have browsed this site over the last few weeks and there is such a pool of useful information here that I felt i wanted to be involved. So credit to DVINFO.NET for creating and maintaining such a good resource.

I recently purchased a canon 550D and have been having much fun playing with the settings and doing test shoots with my son. It feels like an exciting time, and these new tools really help to open up the oppurtunities to create interesting work. However, no amount of excellent gear will create a good story, that is still the hardest part!!

I'm excited to see where this DSLR movement will go. I am also happy to offer any advice in regards to music videos and commercials, and equally happy to recieve any advice on DSLR use and workflows. My experience has mainly been on 35mm, but have also shot on the RED, Sony F900, and various digibeta and MiniDV cameras.

I edit on a Media composer V3 and have used various Online kit such as Flame, Inferno, Smoke, After Effects, Fusion and XSI( i supervised, not actually operated ;))

I was also invovled in the latest 118118 commercial (in the taxi) and idents (for gordon Ramsay's programme) for which I was animation director/editor.

However, my passion is story telling and making narrative films and I recently completed my first short film called 'DiD'. I decided to shoot it on film, as it was a medium I knew well but it also felt like a swan song, as I had a feeling digital would begin to take its place.

Feel free to browse the site below and view the trailer.

DiD

also check out this for more of my work:

YouTube - JakeSWynne's Channel

If any of you are interested in viewing the full film please feel free to contact me and I will pass on the vimeo password (I am entering to festivals and can not have a full version publicly online)

thanks for reading and I am looking forward to see where the journey takes us.

JW :)
Jake Wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Wynne View Post
I have browsed this site over the last few weeks and there is such a pool of useful information here that I felt i wanted to be involved. So credit to DVINFO.NET for creating and maintaining such a good resource.
Glad to hear! And welcome to the Forum! GREAT community here, glad you like us...
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Trustee

Welcome Jack - you're on the dvinfoBrits list now. Update to be posted soon - here's the previous one http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-pe...ml#post1488252

DiD looks interesting. I know that part of the country quite well as we holiday in Snowdonia every year (the rain's warmer than in Scotland).
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #4
Tourist

Thanks for the kind welcome :)

Colin, i'm not so sure the rain is that much warmer lol! The hail is a different matter, especially at 80MPH when hanging on to rock with a camera!

I do love that area, all my family come from north wales although i reside in london.

thanks again for the welcome

jw :)
Jake Wynne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood