Pensioner from Holland says hello at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Pensioner from Holland says hello

In 1986, I bought my first Video Cam: the CCD-V8.
A heavy piece of machinery, but still working today and kept in my possession as a museum piece.

I worked my way through various consumer camcorder developments, like Video Digital 8, DV etc.

Some 12 years ago I purchased my first Prosumer Camcorder the 3CCD Sony DCR-trv950.

The latter one being a very decent camcorder helped me shooting very many pictures until half a year ago.

The last couple of years I divided my time between 2 major hobbies, Photography (Canon 20, 40 and 5D) and Video.

So to me it seems logical to enter the HD era by buying a Canon 5D MKII shortly after its introduction.

A fantastic piece of equipment, but little did I realize that it's ergonomically not a camcorder....

So finally I decided to purchase the JVC HM-100 as my following Prosumer camcorder and I am still working my way through the manual and Tim Dashwood's ProHD shooter's guide...

As first accessories to the HM-100, I took the AT875R Mic, the Rotolight 48R and the Nikon W/A WC-E68.

My first footage is related to another hobby, Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs:

I realize I still have a lot to learn but maybe I will get here with a little help from my future friends on this Forum?!

BTW , I ordered the new Z finder Pro3 for my 5D MKII, so I'll have another try with that one too....

Kind Regards from The Netherlands,

Frank
Frank Catscottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Frank...............

Welcome to DVinfo.

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience under that belt, it'll be usefull here.

Spent a couple of sessions working in Amsterdam and getting to know the country and people, great place.

Hope you enjoy trawling around here,

Like the pups, BTW.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood