Greetings from Wyckoff at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings from Wyckoff

Just a short introduction,

Always found filming things fun. It started with our marty mcfly style camcorder that took tape back in the early 80's. I fell out of it for a while when going too high school, but when things went digital, I picked it up again, with a much broader goal than just having fun.

My life had hit a bit of a rut. at the time, 27, still living with my parents, not smart enough for college, and really wandering aimlessly. I heard 95.5 WPLJ NY was having some problems with video production....basically using their interns to post stuff too their website. So, I thought 'I could do a better job than that', and invested in my first camcorder. A mini-DVD Model from Samsung....Using this, filmed my first event..The first ten minutes of a marathon they where doing across the state of NJ. I got back, had it online and pictures sent to the DJ's within 30 minutes into the show.

Apparently it got their attention, and I slowly built on that small success, hoping it'd lead to an eventual job. 4 camcorders and 4 years later, no job, but I get access to events like concerts, staff access to broadcasts, and one or two other things have come with it as well....Sadly, I think the economy might have derailed any possible hire, since they started canning people the moment really started to make headway...But considering, it's a pretty amazing success story so far...

The Camcorders we've had down the line are as follows. $400 Mini-DVD Samsung SD Cam. Sony SR200, Sony SR11, and Sony XR550V. We have now upgraded to the Sony AX2000 and with that, will try and focus on getting paying gigs...

So, that's my story in a nut shell! It's nice to have a dedicated camera forum for questions and possible networking, so thanks to whoever created it!
Neil Vitale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood