Hello from Orange County, Ca at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Orange County, Ca

I'm from Orange County, California where I run a one man photography(and now video) business. I deal primarily with motorsports and action sports.

In the past few months many of my clients have asked if I could or would shoot video projects for them as well. Not being proficient, I would always refer them to friends who are full time video guys. But some of my clients want my eye in the viewfinder so I finally took the plunge into the video world.

Last week I purchased a Sony HDR-AX2000, Rode NT1 shotgun mic, Sennheiser wireless lapel mic and mic, Varizoom tripod, on camera led light, and a Think Tank Airport Antidote backpack. I also got a Zacuto veiwfinder for my Nikon D3s. I plan on getting a DSLR rig set up with follow focus as well for the Nikon.

The next day I was filming and on an editing crash course the next. I'm editing on a 27' iMac 2.8GHZ quad core with 8mb of RAM, running Final Cut Pro 7 and the rest of the studio programs that I bought the same day. My MacBook Pro is for photo editing only.

I'm looking forward to learning from the users here!
Justin Dawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #2
New Boot

Hi Justin, welcome. I'm a newer user around here too, and currently live in Orange County. I'm an editor by trade, but am learning the finer points of using DSLRs for event filmmaking (I've got a Canon 7D). If you ever want to chat, we should definitely do so!

Nik
Nik Kuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey guys.
5DMII shooter in Aliso Viejo. Welcome aboard.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Dawes View Post
Last week I purchased a Sony HDR-AX2000,
Justin Hi.....please what about the Sony HDR-AX2000....what is your opinion?
I want to buy these..too
Have you some videos?
Mauricio Rodriguez Campos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood