Hello from Canada's capital! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Canada's capital!

Hey everyone,

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and I just joined a few days ago. I go to school at Carleton University and am an active member of their film society. Anyone else from Ottawa?
Mark Kudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi, Mark.............

Looks like you might be on your own, tho' I very much doubt it in reality, they'll appear in the fullness of time.

I originally hail from London, Ont. so am always looking to welcome another Canuck to the crew here.

Welcome, Bon Chance and enjoy.

Good place, good people and good opinions (and the occasional ruck [mediated pretty seriously by the Mods and the BOSS {CH}, "but all in the best possible taste" if I may steal one of KE's best lines from his UK TV show - anyone who doesn't "geddit" will just have to suffer 'till one of the UK mob chimes in, if there's any of the UK mob as is old enough to remember it).

Nice town BTW.

Was there for a month in oh, 74, I think. Was having so much fun we didn't realise that our flight out from Toronto to London was actually going over our heads as we played badminton on the backyard court. Cue...............panic!

Enjoy and contribute.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kudel View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and I just joined a few days ago. I go to school at Carleton University and am an active member of their film society. Anyone else from Ottawa?
Hi Mark,

Welcome! I've only been on here a few months myself.

I'm in Ottawa - Civic Hospital area. I was just at Carleton U this evening for a Jazz Camp concert at the K-M Theatre. Will be dropping into Jazz Camp several times this week to cover a story on them, for a site I'm publisher of, OttawaJazzScene.ca I have done jazz photogprahy for years and am just starting to do video.

I attended Carleton U in the late 70s (electrical engineering) and was active in the clubs scene.

There are at least two other Ottawans here: David Mowbray (another former Carleton U / CKCU person) and (argggh - name escapes me - he does local theatre video.

What are your interests and activities?

cheers,

Brett
Brett Delmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm not from Ottawa, but still kinda nearby. I'm over in Montreal.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Delmage View Post
Hi Mark,

Welcome! I've only been on here a few months myself.

I'm in Ottawa - Civic Hospital area. I was just at Carleton U this evening for a Jazz Camp concert at the K-M Theatre. Will be dropping into Jazz Camp several times this week to cover a story on them, for a site I'm publisher of, OttawaJazzScene.ca I have done jazz photogprahy for years and am just starting to do video.

I attended Carleton U in the late 70s (electrical engineering) and was active in the clubs scene.

There are at least two other Ottawans here: David Mowbray (another former Carleton U / CKCU person) and (argggh - name escapes me - he does local theatre video.

What are your interests and activities?

cheers,

Brett
Sorry for the delay, Brett, school is very heavy at the moment (although I hope to submit for the next upcoming contest). Thanks for the reply! My interests and activities include: reading, writing and perusing the Mayfair and the Bytowne quick frequently. I just made a quick trip to Montreal to check out some old theaters.
Mark Kudel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood