And yet another Aussie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #1
New Boot

And yet another Aussie

Just a quick hello to all on this forum.

My moving picture history goes back to being 10 years old and making super 8, stop-motion movies in my garage.

Anyhow, life has a funny way of working out, and I'm now a self-emplyed web developer, but I'm regularly asked to do some small video productions (usually for viewing on the web).

I have a Panasonic AG-HMC41E, as well as a little Canon Legria HF200, which I use when I need a really small camera. I use Final Cut Pro Studio for all of my post-production work.

Being self-emplyed, I am always looking for the most economic options.

I still consider myself an amateur, but please don't tell my clients!

All the best,
Bruce
Bruce Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

In business, people only care that you deliver.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #3
New Boot

Welcome from Melbourne

HI there Bruce and welcome, I'm Peter from Melbourne and like it when I see more aussies jump on board here. It's a great place to be and get involved with.
Peter Anastasopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

Too true. The more Aussies the better.

As we all know, the current understanding of the planet is flawed by 180° and Australia is in fact on top of the world. Thankfully there is a corrective map or two out there.

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
And yet another Aussie-mcarthur-large.jpg  
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Inner Circle

So now I know why the sun comes up on the left-hand side and the moon is upside-down in Los Angeles.

I ended up walking from Inglewood into the near vicinity of Watts thinking I was heading for the coast.

I found out later it is apparently is not the sort of place an old goat should be casually strolling. I was dressed poverty chiq in trackies and flannel shirt at the time.

The folk were however quite helpful "Ah You come from the 'wood". I thought "Hollywood" at the time and did not make much sense of it but the instructions held true and I found my old Korean-owned motel again.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood