DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hi, I'm Kevin from Adobe (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/488669-hi-im-kevin-adobe.html)

Kevin Monahan December 9th, 2010 12:08 AM

Hi, I'm Kevin from Adobe

Hello All,
I'm Kevin Monahan from San Francisco, CA. I work for Adobe with the Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects teams providing documentation and community support for you, the user. Nice to meet ya'll.

If you have any questions about Adobe Premiere Pro, please come to our forum here at DV Info and at Adobe. You can also find the incredibly helpful Adobe After Effects forum at Adobe.

Just a little personal info: I'm new to this job at Adobe and the DV Info community, but I've been around film and video production and post for many years now-since birth, really. I've worked at EA, Pixar (WALL•E, Nemo), Apple (FCS 1 & 3), Deluxe Digital Studios and too many others to mention. I've taught at professional trade academies like BAVC, Video Symphony and Studio Arts. I co-founded the first FCP Users Group-SF Cutters, presented at trade shows, and , as well.

Again, if you have any questions about Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Media Encoder, please don't hesitate to post a thread in the Creative Suite Forum or on our forums at Adobe.

Chris Soucy December 9th, 2010 01:44 AM

Well, hi, Kevin...........

Nice to have you on board.

Great first post, sounds like you've been around, and then some.

I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of business from the Adobe users here.

You wouldn't mind popping over (bed and board, you're stuck with the flights) and giving me a "heads up" on my Adobe stuff, would you?

I know less about running it than I do about driving a trolley bus! (and believe me, it's a damn site more tricky than it looks).

Enjoy your time here, it's a great forum and all the better for having you guys "in the know" about.

Enjoy!

CS

Kevin Monahan December 9th, 2010 02:46 AM

Thanks for the Welcome

Hi Chris,
Hope to help a lot of Adobe users here. It's my job, actually.

Thanks for the offer of room and board. Actually, I wouldn't mind popping over to Dunedin at some point. In fact, I'm a big fan of 80's Dunedin Indie Rock (anything on "Flying Nun" records, basically), so perhaps I could make a pilgrimage? And yes, to get your Adobe stuff sorted out too.

Chris Hurd December 9th, 2010 09:55 AM

Great to have you here, Kevin -- welcome aboard!

Andrew Smith December 10th, 2010 12:52 AM

For me, as a non-fanboi Adobe just-about-everything user, having Kevin here greatly improved my value of dvinfo. I don't get myself in to a corner very often, but when I do I know where to go.

Andrew

Trond Saetre December 10th, 2010 02:59 AM

Hi Kevin, welcome aboard dvinfo. It's good to have you with us.
I'm a long time user of Premiere (CS3 for now), starting to learn AE.

Panagiotis Raris December 10th, 2010 07:42 PM

Hello Kevin, GREAT to have you aboard! Always nice to know a company cares enough to put people in the proactive problem solving arena!

Kevin Monahan December 10th, 2010 09:42 PM

Thanks for your welcome and it's great to meet you all. Looking forward to contributing to this community.