Who here is in Seattle, WA? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM   #16
New Boot

Jet City!

Born & Raised is Seattle, Granite Falls is home now... Just a bit of a drive...

About to buy Sony's HVR-A1U..
Shaun Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #17
DVCreators.Net

We have a studio up north of Seattle in beautiful Mukilteo.

Mostly a Canon shop, but have a few Sony's.

Just a couple quick local places you guys might want to check out:

http://911media.org/

http://dbug.org/sigs/digvideo/

http://www.wigglyworld.org/

http://whatcomfilmandvideo.com/
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM   #18
New Boot

what's up everyone. i live in seattle near madrona. i shoot with an hvx200 and edit with final cut. just put down a deposit on a red... anyone have a spare 20 grand now that you know i'm your neighbor?
-mike
Michael Ragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I live in seattle. If you need stock let me know.
Mack Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #20
Tourist

Hi all!

I'm a student in Seattle. I just bought a GL2 and have an Optura 10 and I edit on Adobe Premiere. At work I get to use Panasonic DVX100's and Final Cut Pro.
I am working toward a career in advertising where I can use my video knowledge, as well as graphic design and puppetry experience, for television commercials and short films.
Peter Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #21
Major Player

Also from West Seattle here. Shoot mainly with a DVX100A and cut with vegas, and do mostly independent contract work for various productions studios around here. Currently working on getting an A1 when they become available.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM   #22
New Boot

Feet are again getting wet

PUYALLUP is now home after a loooong career in commercial and public broadcasting (KING-TV & KCTS/9) both as a tech and talent. First camera I worked on was a RCA TK30 - 1952 era. First editing was with a razor blade and a microscope - 1956 era. First big shoot was on the Apollo 17 (last moon walk) landing in the South Pacific. My how times have changed.....a GL2 is my current toy.
Bob Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I'm in Everett. Some of my friends who live in Tacoma consider Everett at the edge of the world :) I have a XL2, Mac G4 w/FCP4 & 5, a Firestore 4. Hope all on this side off the States are doing well :) I work full time for Comcast Cable, (unfortunetly not with video, but as a Dispatcher), but have been freelancing in video production as a camera man and editor. In the middle of working on a Industrial type short for Boeing. I love my XL2! It rocks!!
Those of you who have used Glaziers in Seattle, I've decided to stop using them for rentals. They now require a deposit for the amount of the actual worth of the equipment!!! (didn't matter that I've been renting from them for years.) I'll just go to Victory Studios. Perhaps a little higher on their rental rates, but better than having to make sure I have 1400.00 available on my credit card to rent a Wide Angle lense for the XL2. Could you imagine if wanting to rent something like the XL H1 from Glaziers, having to put $9,000.00 deposit down!!! Rediculous. they should do like Victory does, if you don't have your own insurance, charge 20% more on the rental.

Sorry for the venting...

Joe
Joseph Andolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #24
Major Player

Officially moving from Burbank, CA to Shoreline, WA with my wife in five days.
Will be doing freelance prop design full time for my normal animation biz job for about a year but ready to make the move to doing my film/digital stuff all the time.
I have an Xl2 and DVX100B and cut in FCP and sometimes iMovie because it's stupidly simple... just like me.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #25
Major Player

West Seattle here...

I am a senior editor/producer by day and a mad indie filmmaker by night and weekends. I have pushed my XL1s to the limit and sold it this week to make way for my A1 - pre-ordered from B&H.

I edit on an Intel iMac FCP 5.1 as well as the Adobe production suite on my XPS PC.

I have all the suspect gear including boom, shotgun mic and lights.

Shooting my next feature this spring and would love to meet some other indies for possible crew swapping.

Check out my website if interested: www.CodemanStudios.com

Ciao!
Cody Lucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:59 AM   #26
New Boot

Shoreline

Hey all,
I recently moved back to the Seattle area after ten years in L.A. I shot my first feature this past summer in Skagit Valley on a GY-HD100. Our website is: www.bigplansthemovie.com

I'm now wrestling with editing HDV in FCP. I struggled with Lumiere, then decided to wait for the 5.1.2 update. Now I'm trying to capture my footage without losing any of it. If there are any experts out there, I could use all the help I can get.

I'm also interested in creating a real film community here. There is a lot of filming going on here, but no one knows about it and there are few outlets, and not much publicity. I can easily imagine a regular feature in either the Stranger or the Weekly (or both) on local production. Whadaya think?
Craig Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM   #27
Major Player

Welcome back!
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #28
New Boot

Hi,
I'm new to the area.
I've got a XL1s and am willing to help out on about any project.
Adam Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #29
New Boot

State Capitol Checking in ...

Looks like I'm the southern most to check in for now...

I'm down at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, and currently taking a year long program entitiled MediaWorks. In the spring I'll be headed to the Yellowstone area to document the new baby animals for my final project.

I've played with some video, and did a cooking show for Campus TV a few years ago when I started college here by using palmcorders and iMovie. I have also completed a short, playful video on coyote pups. For those w/ quicktime here is the web address for it ... it was shot using a Nikon fieldscope with an eyepiece CCD patched into a palmcorder to record the analog output.

http://academic.evergreen.edu/s/stid...CoyotePups.mov

Currently I use an XL2 and have two G4 laptops to work with. For audio I capture it on a Marantz PMD671.

Anyway, thought I'd check in, even though those in Seattle may say I am too far south, it's only a short drive north from here to there.
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #30
Major Player

Everyone, try

http://www.nwfilmforum.org/

This seems to be one of the biggest things for indie /semi-pro? film going on here in the city. I'm going to become a member for the sake of networking and supporting the cause.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood