Who here is in Seattle, WA? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Packard
Hey all,
I recently moved back to the Seattle area after ten years in L.A. I shot my first feature this past summer in Skagit Valley on a GY-HD100. Our website is: www.bigplansthemovie.com

I'm now wrestling with editing HDV in FCP. I struggled with Lumiere, then decided to wait for the 5.1.2 update. Now I'm trying to capture my footage without losing any of it. If there are any experts out there, I could use all the help I can get.

I'm also interested in creating a real film community here. There is a lot of filming going on here, but no one knows about it and there are few outlets, and not much publicity. I can easily imagine a regular feature in either the Stranger or the Weekly (or both) on local production. Whadaya think?
Yeah, not much going on here unless you know where to look, which I don't really. NWFF seems interesting as I posted above. There's also the SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) sign up for their newsletter to stay informed.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Hi Everyone,

I live in Redmond , WA and shoot mostly stock HD footage. JVC GY-HD100U, XL1, FCP5.1, Shake, Premiere Pro, Cubase SX, and host of midi gear. Mack, looks like we're doing to same kind of work - maybe we can hook up sometime. My web site will be under construction for several months, fusionhidef.com. Personal email is j_clark@comcast.net.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #33
Trustee

Looking for a parking spot in Seattle for a month - Jan 07

Hey Seattle guys,

Anyone have any relatively secure extra space in their driveway or garage for a Nissan Xterra for a month. We're flying to Costa Rica for a month - out of Seattle. From Jan 9th to Feb 11th, 2007.

Will pay up to $150 or so. Ideally closer to the airport would be better.

I can be reached here or by phone at 1-800-518-8378.

Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #34
New Boot

New to town. Have gear will travel, but mostly just sayin hi.

Wow, nice to see theres a thriving community here. Just moved from Denver CO and was unsure as to who Id find to work with but looks like alot of good people in town with great cameras.
If anyone needs Use of a JVC HD100U/A with HHD recording, Steadicam work or use of a one ton G and E truck let me know. trying to make contacts and stay busy, on the same note I might have a multicam shoot coming up and might need 3 more cameras so ill post here first.
Gear list and reel on my site www.andersonlivemedia.com
Drop a line to say hi!
Shawn Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Shawn, welcome to Seattle. I'm just getting started with my JVC 110U, shooting mostly scenics & outdoor footage right now. Would you be willing to teach lessons?

Thanks
Jeremy
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #36
New Boot

Sure! not sure what I can teach you as Im not sure as to what level your knowledge is at but Id be happy to talk shop with you. Im at 303-875-1177.
Shawn Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #37
Tourist

Saying Hi!

Just dropping a quick line to say hello. I'm a DP/Editor with experience in the Music Industry side of things. I have experience as a Producer and Director but have a mad passion for shooting and editing. I own an Panasonic HVX200 and a Sony PD150. I edit primarily in Vegas but can do all PC apps. I love After Effects. Live on North East Side of Seattle
...D...
Dion LaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion LaBlue
Just dropping a quick line to say hello. I'm a DP/Editor with experience in the Music Industry side of things. I have experience as a Producer and Director but have a mad passion for shooting and editing. I own an Panasonic HVX200 and a Sony PD150. I edit primarily in Vegas but can do all PC apps. I love After Effects. Live on North East Side of Seattle
...D...
Hey Dion, how do you like the HVX 200? I will be using one around March for a upcoming project. Don't own one but it will be supplied by the producers. Right now I'm going through the online manual for it to pre-familiarize myself with it as much as one can do without having it in hand. Currently I own the XL2 which I love tremendously.

Joe
Joseph Andolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #39
Tourist

I love it

So far so good...I have only shot test footage so far but it looks great. I love the work flow of the P2 cards and the varicam style of shooting it provides. Although it is not a varicam I think it is amazing. I wish you luck with your shoot and if you're needing a second hand with it, shoot me an email
...D...
Dion LaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #40
Regular Crew

New to this forum, and new to Seattle. Actually live in Orting. Moved here from Oklahoma back in August of '06.

Just made the jump into HDV from DV. Currently own the XH-A1 (former GL-2 owner). Do a lot a nature stuff, avid storm chaser.

www.billygriffin.com

Hope to find someone local with some editing equipment / reasonable rates.

bgriffin70@comcast.net
Billy Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #41
Major Player

Anyone in Seattle and surrounds know Tom Costanza? He shot news at KING 5 ( I think that was the one) and last I heard was teaching. He and I went to college together and worked as a news team back in the 80's.

if you do tell him to drop me a line at bill AT (insertmynameasoneword) dot com.

Thanks!!
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #42
Regular Crew

DV Meetup Group in Seattle

Hi everyone,

I learned of a web site called "meetup" which allows people to meet others with similar interests in their local area. I'm actually part of a ski club on the Eastside, but there is a new digital video group in Seattle which looks fun as well:

http://dv.meetup.com/cities/us/wa/redmond/

Our first meeting is this Thursday (Jan 11th) at the address below. Make sure you register on the web site, and sign up to attend if you're interested. Maybe I'll see you there :)

Christoff Gallery
6004 12th Avenue South #17
Seattle, WA 98108
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #43
New Boot

Just found this board...

Hi everyone, I'm in Western Washington as well. Glad to meet you all. I've been playing around with the JVC GY-HD110U on some projects and having a lot of fun. Thought it would be great to meet others in the area.
Adam Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #44
Tourist

Hey everyone. I'm shooting on an HVX200 and DVX100. Comedy and filmmaking are my main interest, but I do lots of freelance shooting. Contact info and some of my work at: http://clydehd.com
Clyde Garrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #45
Regular Crew

Southeastern Washington

Hello everyone,

I live and work in Walla Walla. I shoot a Canon XL2 20x lesne, and various other equipment. I do mainly promotional video for commercial and nonprofit projects. But I shot my first wedding this Spring. And I actually enjoyed it, so I might do more.

Also, I man be needing a second cameraman with equipment for a couple all-day shoots in the Seattle area. And yes, I pay a very fair rate. But you have to have experience and a good camera. Canon XLs preferred.

Thanks.

Al Diaz
AD Video Productions
800 957 9381
Alfred Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood