Who here is in Seattle, WA? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 18th, 2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Who here is in Seattle, WA?

Hi there

I thought I'd send a note, since we're so close (I'm in Vancouver) and shoot down in Seattle sometimes.

Is anyone here from Seattle? I noticed a few guys in the past, on here, but they don't seem to get email from their profiles here. Bonus points if you own a Sony, haaa.
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm in Seattle. Well, north of Seattle in Mill Creek, specifically. My day job is in Redmond.

As for the bonus points: I am the proud less-than-one-week owner of a PDX10. Bought it from a member of this very board, in fact.
Rob Unck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes! High five! The PDX10 rocks.
Old August 18th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm from Kent, 5 minutes drive to Seatac Airport. I have PD170 and VX2100. Daytime Electronics Technician job.
Old August 19th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #5
Tourist

Rain City...

I'm in Seattle. Alas, you are out of luck on the Sony ownership issue. I haven't bought anything yet, but after comparing specs and user reports, I think the Canon XL-2 is the best bet for the money I can afford to spend. Also, I know another user and having the same model obviously makes collaboration easier. I primarily came into film making as a way to get my own projects shot, and I have very little in the way of practical filming experience. My interests actually lie closer to the writing acting end of the business, but once I have the equipment I'll undoubtably doing some filming for local bands and shows at the very least, simply by virtue of being 25 in an art mad city. If you need help with a project, I'd be happy to consider it just for the experience on the other side of the camera. I am reasoonably computer literate and can wind up a cord as quickly as the next man. My primary email is easyliving@gmail.com
Rich Shivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the email. Im still in Seattle area. I have a Sony HDR-FX1 and use Vegas 6. I get bonus points? :)

However, I havent used my stuff since March so...I may be putting the camera on ebay or something. Then when I get more time to do video I'll get a new cam, maybe one of the new panasonic HD disk based cams or something in the future. Right now ive been working 80 hours a week at my regular day job :( Sux to be me! :)
Old September 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #7
Major Player

Hi, just sent you all an email. Rich can you email me? Your account didn't have email.
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Ronald;
I live in Kent and manufacture the RONSRAIL equipment, primarily for the Canon XL series camera's and long lens combo's. I do wildlife and found I needed more stability using the long lenses,also found it hard to find the subject with the limited FOV afforded those lenses. Hence, the RONSIGHT and RONSRAIL.
No bonus points???
Ron Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Hi Ronald;
I live in Kent and manufacture the RONSRAIL equipment, primarily for the Canon XL series camera's and long lens combo's. I do wildlife and found I needed more stability using the long lenses,also found it hard to find the subject with the limited FOV afforded those lenses. Hence, the RONSIGHT and RONSRAIL.
No bonus points???

Best;

Ron

Sorry about the lack of address in the previous and erroneous post!!
Ron Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Aloha neighbors!
Jesse Stipek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I'm out here in Bremerton, across the Sound... Nice to meet you!

Regards,

"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden
Brian Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #12
Major Player

I live in West Seattle. Ron I've seen your rail at Glazers. Nice rig. I guess I get no bonus points since I own a Canon XL2 and a Panasonic GS400. Wait, I almost forgot, I do own a Sony Digital8 camcorder. Does that count for something? :)
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #13
New Boot

Puyallup, home of the Fair and Me...

I live in Puyallup which is about 45 minutes from Seattle (depending on how many cars are on the road). I own a Canon GL1 and hope to get a HDV cam this year. I work for a government cable channel and also do some freelance editing and videography on the side. This is a great site to learn about video gear. If anybody wants to hang out and talk about video stuff send me an email.
Ben Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:21 PM   #14
New Boot

Seattle Resident

Writing to say Hi from Seattle. It's good to see there are other people in the 'neighborhood'.

People seem to post their favorite (H)DV shooting and editing flavors here, so I'll do the same;

My recent projects as a shooter have been with the Canon XL1S, XL2, and the Panasonic DVX-100. I've used GL2s and a few JVC studio models too. I edit with my own Avid Express Pro HD / Protools system. Don't have a camera yet, but I'll be buying one sometime in the next few months and I'm on the fence at the moment about making the $$ commitment to an HDV camera and editing system upgrade. Maybe I'll stick with DV for another year and wait for the next wave of HDV equipment.

Well, Spring (and then Summer) is on its way, so cheers to having better shooting conditions for everybody here in the NW.
Erik Vilinskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM   #15
Major Player

Auburn otherwise known as Slaughter Wa.

Auburn was previously known as Slaughter, Wa after Sgt. Slaughter. No joke.

Own a FX-1, and recently the Letus35 Flip (Thanks Quyen). Using Vegas Movie Platnum. Volunteering my time to a Korean TV channel KO-AM tv but proudly working for the government.

Should set up some type of monthly meet and greet type of setting.
John Kang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood