Hi from Manitoba at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Tourist

Hi from Manitoba

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself to dvinfo. I'm from a small town, La Salle, MB, CAN. I have a college diploma in radio/tv broadcasting from the Academy of Broadcasting in Winnipeg. I specialized in video production, and looking to find myself a fantastic career in this industry. I graduated last June, so I'm a new, young guy to this business, and I'm sure all be asking a lot of questions from dvinfo members (I've already been on dvinfo looking through many posts/articles, learning a lot).

So far I've had many great opportunities that I have volunteered for and met many fantastic people doing so. My most exciting opportunity will be in January when I head to Kenya to shoot a documentary for a local charity.

Heres what I am using: Canon xl2, sony uwp-v1 wireless mic, and a flourescent light kit. Editing with sony vegas platinum suite 10.

I'm happy to be a dvinfo member! Cheers.

Jamie
Jamie Korstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: Hi from Manitoba

Hey Jamie, as a former Manitoban and a former instructor at ABC, I welcome you to the best repository of video knowledge on the web!

Don't suppose I spoke to your class during one of my "state of the industry" speaking engagements there, did I? (I'm the guy that says don't show up on my gigs without a Leatherman and a Maglite...)

You guys still under flood watch?
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Jamie
Welcome! Always good to see another Canadian here. I am in Regina, and I shoot primarily talking head stuff, corporate training, awards work, as well as some odds and ends for the Province. I've done work in Central America, in preliminary planning for a trip into Afganistan in the next 12-14 months as part of a medical aid group ( others doing the medical stuff...I'm just shooting...hopefully only with a camera).
There are a lot of very talented and highly experienced folks here..with a great deal of knowledge to pass along. Enjoy, and good luck with your new career!
Wayne Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Welcome aboard Jamie! I'm sure you're going to find these forums to be the best training aid around.
Glen Canning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #5
Tourist

Hello All!

Yes Shaun, I was in that class and definitely remember the leatherman/maglite discussion. I am going to Africa in the winter so I will be sure to have those two things with me!
Jamie Korstrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood