Greetings From the Great White North! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Tourist

Greetings From the Great White North!

Hello All,

My name is Rob Wallace and here is a bit about me. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and worked here for 35 years at a local television station. 28 of the 35 years as a news photographer shooting first on film then moving on to BetaCams. I left the station in 2008 and struck out on my own as a freelance shooter/editor, starting my own company. I edit with FCP 7 on a iMac and shoot with a Sony XD Cam EX1R. I also have a full kit, mic's, lights, tripod etc. Bit by bit as monies allow I seek to build up my equipment cache, buying extra goodies to complete my kit. All of my work so far has been for social media, God bless the web! My clients range from small business's to large international companies. I also hire out as a cameraman for other media companies in the city. There is now that challenge of not having a steady pay cheque every 2 weeks, but the joy of being my own boss far out weighs that insecurity. I scour the industry sites on the web and pick up hints and ideas where ever I can. My mantra is one I learned many years ago, "keep it simple stupid!" The "KISS" theory has stood me well these many years.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Best Regards,

Rob Wallace
Rob Wallace is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood