DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   SFU Film School (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/49665-sfu-film-school.html)

Glen Chua August 20th, 2005 04:42 PM

SFU Film School

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone here is in the Simon Fraser University Film Program?

Dylan Couper August 21st, 2005 12:40 AM

I went to SFU ten years ago. Dropped out after 2nd year. SFU sucks. You might as well just start networking with production managers to get PA work while making your own films. On the other hand, I met lots of people who took the full VFS course, couldn't get any work, and THEN took SFU's program, so you could do worse.

Can you tell I don't have much love for SFU (or any film school)?

Glen Chua August 21st, 2005 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
I went to SFU ten years ago. Dropped out after 2nd year. SFU sucks. You might as well just start networking with production managers to get PA work while making your own films. On the other hand, I met lots of people who took the full VFS course, couldn't get any work, and THEN took SFU's program, so you could do worse.

Can you tell I don't have much love for SFU (or any film school)?

I actually recieved a full scholarship to go to the VFS, but wanted to go to SFU so that I can get a degree instead. The thing that I like about SFU is that I can also take other courses, such as Criminology. Life is a confusing thing, with it's confusing decisions, the only way not to make the wrong decision is to make a decision... I guess.

I'm actually quite excited for Post Secondary.

Dylan Couper August 21st, 2005 08:21 AM

Ok, if it was a full scholarship, I'd go to VFS. :)

Bruce S. Yarock August 21st, 2005 04:53 PM

out of curiosity, where are these schools?
bruce yarock

Keith Loh August 21st, 2005 05:35 PM

Vancouver.

Scott Hebert August 25th, 2005 08:47 PM

how did you get a full scholarship, i live in chilliwack, and i was looking into scholarships for vancouver based schools, any help?
thanks

Glen Chua August 25th, 2005 11:11 PM

I got the scholarship to the Vancouver Film School, at the BC Student Film Festival, I was awarded Most Promising Filmmaker after my PSA won Best PSA there. The only suggestion I have is to go into lots of film festivals!

Saturnin Kondratiew August 29th, 2005 01:52 AM

dear glen please stop spamming :D hey man..it was great to meet you ......good luck wif SFU and keep in touch bro.....

SAt

*btw your a trooper, being past your bed time and all...atta boy!

email me your site man!

Glen Chua August 29th, 2005 08:32 PM

Hey SAT man!
What's up bro??? It was nice getting to know you too bud! Fun times, fun times, we gotta get together to make one oscar worthy film man. The site is www.moonlitefilms.com, I cant find your email adddress! Anyways, take care man, stay in touch buddy!

Glen Chua
www.moonlitefilms.com

Saturnin Kondratiew August 29th, 2005 10:12 PM

yo man

yah its on my site there is a contact link ehhehe....
saturnin at anvilpictures.com

Scott Hebert September 6th, 2005 02:30 PM

Glen, do you think it would be possible for you to send me some links for video contests, i have tried to find them but have had a difficult time.
thanks

Glen Chua September 7th, 2005 04:43 PM

Where are the location of film festivals that you want and how old are you?

Scott Hebert September 7th, 2005 09:39 PM

im 17 and anything "bc"ish i geuss or anything i can enter online