Hello from Townsville Queensland Australia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Townsville Queensland Australia

Hi Everyone,

well I've just got to say how happy I am to have found this forum.....wow you folks are a wealth of information which is going to help me immensely. Yes I'm a NEWBIE! and know very little about video but am so keen to hook in and have some fun. So many of the videos shown on this site are truly inspirational and provide vision to what I can achieve some day.

I have just brought my first real camera, a Canon XA10....what a beauty! I also have brought a Wireless Lapel Mic system from sennheiser and a Video Mic pro from Rode, all I have to do now is learn to use it all to its full potential.

So why did I buy all of this stuff...well I really want to get into online marketing and specifically creating web videos for businesses. So if any of you here have any experience on this matter then lets chat!

I hope to get to know some of you over the coming months and learn all that I can from you all. :)

Regards

Ryan Biggin

Ps...here is my latest video I made while at the V8 Supercars Townsville 400 which was on last weekend. please critic it....I'm a big boy a can take it....no seriously feedback would be fantastic

YouTube - ‪A day with IRWIN RACING at the Townsville 400 2011‬‏

Last edited by Ryan Biggin; July 12th, 2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
Ryan Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hello from Townsville Queensland Australia

Good job - you've got a good eye for catchy edits. One suggestion is to pick up a handheld stabilize for.your flying shots - it will make a huge difference
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi, Ryan.............

Welcome to DVinfo.

Gotta say, that's one heck of a pro job done there for a "newbie".

Your editing skills are obviously well honed.

The only thing missing is a story and audio (I mean audio related to the story), without which it's basicaly meaningless.

Even the shortest video/ movie needs a story, however slight it may be.

Heck, with a decent story, audio is irrevelant, check out the silents of 100 years ago.

You're on the right track, keep working at it!

Bloody well done, I have to say.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #4
Tourist

Thanks for the comments guys. I know absolutely nothing about creating a storyline and therefore also don't quite understand its importance as yet.... I will go looking on the forums right now :)

Ryan
Ryan Biggin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood