Hi from Perth, West Oz at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi from Perth, West Oz

Just a quick hello from a newbie..

I have been a recreational/family/holiday videographer for many years, having lots of fun with a Panasonic GS400. Just recently I bravely entered the HD world with a TM900 - I have to say that the quality and clarity are awesome! It took me about a month, but I now have the workflow down pat. That is thanks in no small part to a lot of stuff that I have read here and in other forums - thanks to everyone who has contributed their wisdom and experience! I look forward to learning even more, and maybe even sharing a bit.

Editing with Sony Vegas 10e and DVD Architect 5.2 on a Sony Vaio S series, quad core 2.4 Gh, 4 Gb Ram.

I am also a member of camcorderuser.net, and a fellow member of both forums, Chris Harding, recommended I look here, as the knowledge base was so extensive and the folk so helpful. He and I actually live about 5 minutes apart, and got together for a coffee just recently!

Anyway, as I say, that's me - looking forward to imbibing more of your experience and sharing some as I can.
Ron Windeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hi from Perth, West Oz

Hey Ron

Nice to see you here and I wouldn't exactly call you a newbie in the video world..maybe on HD but plenty of experience on MiniDV... Ron still has his Panasonic GS400 !!

Since I only upgraded my Vegas 9.0 to 10 last week that makes be a newbie too with my NLE!!

With DVInfo, the nice thing is that when you ask questions, everybody helps!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the welcome Chris - I am also finding my way with Vegas 10; just upgraded from 8! There is a learning curve (things are in a slightly different place sometimes) but loving it so far!
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #4
New Boot

hi ron im in esperance i also have the TM900 also GH1+ GH2 im useing avid studio though havnt had it long,will be off to cape levieque in october fishing trip will have a good chance to use my gear,are you useing your TM900 in 1080 50p mode?

cheers from roger
Roger Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Roger - yes I am using the TM900 in 1080 50P mode. The results are stunning! The workflow was a challenge, but I found that within Vegas 10 I can generate a Sony AVC MP4 file at 28 Mbits/sec; then export that file (wirelessly) to my PS3, which plays it happily. Hope that you can do something similar in Avid.

Cheers
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Inner Circle

You guys are really lucky!! Such a tiny camera and it does 1080 50P!! All the fancy HMC's only do 1080 25P ..otherwise you need to go to 720 to get 50P!!! I'm envious!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Windeyer View Post
Hi Roger - yes I am using the TM900 in 1080 50P mode. The results are stunning! The workflow was a challenge, but I found that within Vegas 10 I can generate a Sony AVC MP4 file at 28 Mbits/sec; then export that file (wirelessly) to my PS3, which plays it happily. Hope that you can do something similar in Avid.

Cheers
the avid does 1080 50 though i have been makeing the vids 720 50p then burn to disc in avchd then put it in my bluray recorder and save a copy to the hard drive,the 720 footage looks excelet too,i see the new specs for AVCHD includes 1080 50 now to just wait for the hardware to play it :)
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Welcome to the gathering. There's a good few from W.A. here nowadays and some of us over on the RED website as well.

You'll find good help and advice here. Any miscreants and recalicitrants get culled pretty quickly as this is a well moderated site, so you should have no negative experiences.

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 13th, 2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #9
New Boot

thanks for that bob

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood