Howdy from Dayton, Ohio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Howdy from Dayton, Ohio

Ive been browsing these forums for the past two years and finally decided to join.

I own a media company called 50 State Media Group, LLC. We focus on independent hip-hop and r&b artist in many states. We have about 11 websites that help expose new talent. Our flagship website is http://www.ThaDoubleO.com (I create all the sites myself).

We also shoot live shows, poetry events, music video , etc. I started shooting/editing full time about two years ago to increase the visability of the company.

Tools of the trade:
Sony CX100
Sony FX1000
Canon 7D

I edit on a new rig( i7, 8 gigs, etc) I just built off of Tigerdirect ( I know, its not a Mac. lol) I use Sony Vegas 10 to edit and use Pro Tools 7.0 for some of my sound needs. I hope to add After Effect and Magic Bullet this month

I have alot to learn about shooting and editing, and love learning how to make our footage even better. I am def. a novice (as you can see from the footage below) but I am committed to growing

(vulger language may be in some videos)

Poetry event:

Behind the scene of Travis Porter new video:

Biggest project we have done so far: Ray Cash & Krayzie Bone( Bone Thugs n Harmony) BTS video. I should be done with the full music video next month.

I am also full time active duty in the military and enjoy building import race cars,
Mike Feggans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Howdy from Dayton, Ohio

G'day and welcome Mike, please tell me you're not based over at Wright Field or the USAF museum.

I spent 5 full days there a few years ago, absolute heaven for me. Where do you get the time to run outfits like this and build race cars.

Cheers.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Mike.

Welcome to the throng. Sensible and helpful people all. Chris and the other wranglers would have it no other way and that is good.

Dayton. I also visited there long ago in 1996, not the city proper but a motel just on the fringes to the north. I also went there to see the USAF museum. A person could traipse through the museum for three whole days and still need more to do the place justice.

Allan.

When you were there, did you get to see the Bristol Beaufighter. It was still being restored when I visited and was lucky enough to get a look at it in one area of the facility which was not exhibition area.

Because it was then and probably remains an active military base, humble public do not have the right to wander everywhere. The big military transports were moved there from Florida whilst I was there because of a hurricane approaching.

I understand the Beaufighter was substantially Australian sourced but may notn have been an Australian-built airframe.

The cockpit section I understand was re-built by Australian Rob Greinert, who aspired to get one flying again. Before the USAAF got their Northrop Black Widow night fighter up and running during WW2, the English Bristol Beaufighter was apparently pretty much the only game in town.

Relatively unknown is that two US squadrons operated these British-built aircraft in the middle east during WW2.

I shot some film at the museum for a project. I might still have a telecine dub somewhere.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Bob,
didn't see the Dayton museum Beaufighter, after my visit I'd say. I did see A19-144 being rebuilt at Duxford UK,

The Fighter Collection - Beaufighter

Here's info on our HARS Beaufighter, work slows during winter, it gets damn cold in the hangars.

Beaufighter Cockpit for Fighter World Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Inc

Cheers.
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
G'day and welcome Mike, please tell me you're not based over at Wright Field or the USAF museum.

I spent 5 full days there a few years ago, absolute heaven for me. Where do you get the time to run outfits like this and build race cars.

Cheers.
Very little sleep is what I get! I actually live across the street from the USAF museum. I work over in the reasearch side of the base. The museum is really great. Ive never actually been just for "fun". We allways have dinners and events. I need to walk across the street and just go one day for no reason!
Mike Feggans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Major Player

What? filmmakers in Dayton? Keep up the work Mike! I used to live in Dayton as a teen, and it's always nice to see some creative work from the midwest.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood