DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from San Francisco! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/502658-hello-san-francisco.html)

Sean Finnegan November 14th, 2011 06:37 AM

Hello from San Francisco!

How's it going everyone? My name is Sean, I'm a San Francisco based freelance director of photography and independent filmmaker. Currently I am shooting and editing for two wedding filmmaking companies in the bay area, and doing corporate video production for some local businesses. But, I'm a filmmaker by trade and I want to get to know everyone in hopes that we can collaborate on some really cool film/video projects.

Check out my work on my website (sean finnegan director of photography | cinematographer, cameraman, photographer) and let me know what you think. And if you're in San Francisco, definitely touch base with me! Nice to meet you all.

Jay Kavi November 17th, 2011 10:30 PM

Re: Hello from San Francisco!

Hey Sean! another San Fran filmmaker here!

Mark Weisen March 29th, 2012 10:18 PM

Hey Fellas,
I'm 20 miles south of SF on the coast and have a question: do you know where I can have a dvcam tape captured to drive? I have an editing gig and no means of capturing dvcam cassette the shooter handed off to me.
Thx,

Mark Wieser
treehouse dv home

Jay Kavi March 30th, 2012 05:19 PM

Mark, there are a few places that do tape transfers in the city. I can't of them off the top of my head, but a google search will bring them up. Also, you could rent a dvcam capable camera from Gassers or borrowlenses.com and just do it yourself.

Hope that helps

Oren Arieli March 30th, 2012 11:55 PM

Welcome Sean. I hope you become a regular on DVinfo. It's a great resource. I would also suggest checking out the Bay Area Professional Videographer's Association (Bay Area Professional Videographers Association (BAPVA): Welcome). We have monthly meetings, exhibitions, guest speakers and hands-on seminars.

Mark, I have a DVCAM deck, but I'm in North San Jose. You can take it to VMI in Sunnyvale 408 745-1700 (ask for the rental department).

Vladimir Gitlevich April 12th, 2012 01:54 PM

Hi Mark,

I am in SF and have a DVCAM deck. If you still need to do the transfer, let me know.

And: welcome, Sean!

Vladimir

Chris Talawe April 12th, 2012 04:58 PM

hello sean. would be nice if we all collab and got to meet each other. hit me up if you'd like.

Rob MacFarlane April 21st, 2012 12:03 AM

I'm in Alameda - would be interesting to hear what everyone is up to.

- rob

Sean Finnegan December 16th, 2012 05:10 AM

About a year ago, pretty much right after I posted this thread actually, I got a full time offer from IGN Entertainment. I'm a cinematographer/producer over there, so that's what I've been up to.