Hi Again! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi Again!

I joined here February, 2003 just about 8-month prior from retiring from the Federal Government. Back then my only camera was a Canon XL-1S. The original thought was to use this to document my travels throughout the southwest. I kept close to that plan for about a year after retiring then I met and fell in love with a little Canon 1Ds and things changed quickly afterwards. I sold my XL and bought more glass for the 1Ds and was happy until the 1DsII arrived. Of course that changed shortly after I met a Phase One P30+ medium format digital back which morphed into a P45+ back which suddenly turned itself into a 60 megapixel P65+ digital back.

My thoughts of video documentation went by the wayside (for a while). I've been able to build a very nice following shooting a technical camera (Cambo WRS) and have made a minor name for Iron Creek Photography.

Where's all this leading? If I haven't lost anyone yet - here's the rest of the story.

We've been producing DVD's for the past couple years (1 per year) and just finished Volume 4. The past 2-volumes both contain video clips taken along the way and help in presenting our work. Just as I knew there was something better than the 1Ds which turned into the 1DsII and later medium format I always regretted parting with the XL.

I just ordered a XF105 which will now be with us as we explore places like Jackson Hole WY and will be included into our next DVD.

I'm well versed in Photoshop CS5 however I'm about to dive head first into Premiere Pro. So to make a long story short - I'm back!

I remember this being a place of knowledge that helped me out considerably and am looking forward to my return.

Don
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hi Again!

it was not long afterwards that He rose into the sky and disappeared into a cloud, leaving them staring after Him. As they were straining their eyes for another glimpse, suddenly two white-robed men were standing there among them, and said, 'Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring at the sky? Don Libby has gone away to heaven, and some day, just as He went, He will return!
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood