DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   What's up from Phoenix, AZ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/5087-whats-up-phoenix-az.html)

Ryan Spevack November 22nd, 2002 10:32 PM

What's up from Phoenix, AZ

Hello, my name is Ryan. I go to school in Tempe, AZ right outside Phoenix for film at University of Advancing Technology (UAT.edu) and I live in Glendale, AZ. I am new the world of DV. I own a Canon XL1S. Me, and the digital video club at our school are doing a short film right now. A psychological thriller like the Cell, but on a much smaller scale. Hope to get lots of advice and tipcs on these boards.

-Ryan

Dan Holly December 2nd, 2002 04:55 PM

Welcome

Hello Ryan,
Glad to see you here. This forum is a literal goldmine of information from people who have "been there done that".

Everyone here is so diverse in their skills it all comes together as a really good message board to follow and ask questions.

Being relatively new myself to the DV world, in comparison to some of the members....I can't say enough about this board. You'll have to experience the wealth of knowledge yourself.

One of the reasons why I posted is because you live in Phoenix.
I'm a born a raised Arizona'n. I graduated from Cactus High in 1980 over on Greenway, attended GCC and played football there, finished up at ASU(BA in business)......my whole family still lives in the valley.

After many years, I ended up in Alaska living (and shooting) the dream of every fisherman and outdoors enthusiast on the planet………through the lens of a XL1s.

Listen, participate, and enjoy !

Rgds.,
Dan

Rob Lohman December 5th, 2002 12:22 PM

Welcome aboard Ryan! Good to have you with us.

Rick Foxx December 5th, 2002 01:18 PM

Re: Welcome

<<<-- Originally posted by RC Productions : Hello Ryan,
One of the reasons why I posted is because you live in Phoenix.
I'm a born a raised Arizona'n. I graduated from Cactus High in 1980 over on Greenway, attended GCC and played football there, finished up at ASU(BA in business)......my whole family still lives in the valley.
-->>>

I'm also a CHS graduate, class of '87, and spent a couple of years at GCC. Now living in Utah, and I really miss the warm weather! Glad to meet another Cobra.

MIDIMan

Jason Pechman December 10th, 2002 10:34 PM

Hey glendale,
Glad too see there are more than just a couple of "video/filmaker's" out in this direction. Would love to hear more about your production. I've got two in the works myself. Maybe we can share ideas, and/or equipment.

Mark Austin December 11th, 2002 12:54 AM

Hey Ryan..

I have always enjoyed visiting Arizona, the clearest sky I have ever seen... Welcome aboard, if you evey get to Texas there are a bunch of us down here you can hook up with.

Mark