What's up from Phoenix, AZ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 22nd, 2002, 10:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What's up from Phoenix, AZ

Hello, my name is Ryan. I go to school in Tempe, AZ right outside Phoenix for film at University of Advancing Technology (UAT.edu) and I live in Glendale, AZ. I am new the world of DV. I own a Canon XL1S. Me, and the digital video club at our school are doing a short film right now. A psychological thriller like the Cell, but on a much smaller scale. Hope to get lots of advice and tipcs on these boards.

-Ryan
Ryan Spevack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2002, 04:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome

Hello Ryan,
Glad to see you here. This forum is a literal goldmine of information from people who have "been there done that".

Everyone here is so diverse in their skills it all comes together as a really good message board to follow and ask questions.

Being relatively new myself to the DV world, in comparison to some of the members....I can't say enough about this board. You'll have to experience the wealth of knowledge yourself.

One of the reasons why I posted is because you live in Phoenix.
I'm a born a raised Arizona'n. I graduated from Cactus High in 1980 over on Greenway, attended GCC and played football there, finished up at ASU(BA in business)......my whole family still lives in the valley.

After many years, I ended up in Alaska living (and shooting) the dream of every fisherman and outdoors enthusiast on the planet………through the lens of a XL1s.

Listen, participate, and enjoy !

Rgds.,
Dan
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:22 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Ryan! Good to have you with us.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2002, 01:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: Welcome

<<<-- Originally posted by RC Productions : Hello Ryan,
One of the reasons why I posted is because you live in Phoenix.
I'm a born a raised Arizona'n. I graduated from Cactus High in 1980 over on Greenway, attended GCC and played football there, finished up at ASU(BA in business)......my whole family still lives in the valley.
-->>>

I'm also a CHS graduate, class of '87, and spent a couple of years at GCC. Now living in Utah, and I really miss the warm weather! Glad to meet another Cobra.

MIDIMan
Old December 10th, 2002, 10:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey glendale,
Glad too see there are more than just a couple of "video/filmaker's" out in this direction. Would love to hear more about your production. I've got two in the works myself. Maybe we can share ideas, and/or equipment.
Jason Pechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 12:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Ryan..

I have always enjoyed visiting Arizona, the clearest sky I have ever seen... Welcome aboard, if you evey get to Texas there are a bunch of us down here you can hook up with.

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood