Portland, Or at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1
New Boot

Portland, Or

It's a safe bet that I am absolutely the least knowledgeable person here when it comes to video production. I've been shooting concerts for a few years, first with a Sony DCR SR40, and lately with a Sony HDR SR12. I started filming because I'm a huge music nerd and I wanted to be able to throw in a dvd and watch the show again. Recently I've decided to make a doc on the early days of one of my favorite bands. I plan on buying a NX5 within a few weeks and getting started.

As far as what I've previously done, it's novice to be sure, but you can take a look here if you're interested in bootleg concert video's.

idlehanz - YouTube

No tripod, not sure what I'm doing, shaky concerts of my favorite bands. But soon, soon I shall make amazing things.

I hope.

And sorry in advance for the massive pile of rookie questions I will unleash upon you all.

You've been warned :)

**EDIT** Oh, and the only thing that I've filmed and edited myself is this video for some friends band. If you enjoy metal, then take a listen. And keep in mind, I've never made a video of any kind before this. I just filmed and edited it and threw it out there. I don't think it was terrible, but I know I have a LOT of room to grow.

Ryan Sutherby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Portland, Or

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to DVInfo.net.
You have found a great source of wisdom. :)

Good luck with your film project. Sounds interesting.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks! I plan on utilizing this forum to the fullest extent!

**EDIT**

Oh, and if someone could let me know why I can't post in the Private Classifieds section, I'd appreciate it. I read through the FAQ and I imagine I missed it. Do I need a certain post count? I'm looking for a docking station for a DCR-SR40 is all. Thanks!

Last edited by Ryan Sutherby; July 11th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Ryan Sutherby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sutherby View Post

Do I need a certain post count?

You do, indeed, need a certain post count, or is it time from first posting, hmm, simply can't remember, anyway, one or the other, it will happen automatically when it happens.

Enjoy DVinfo.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #5
New Boot

My Nx5 came today. i've been shooting a little bit of test footage, trying to get used to it. I thought I'd shoot our dog in the yard......first thing he did was take a crap. So that's how I broke in my new cam! Doggy duece!
Ryan Sutherby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood