DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hi from NZ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/513133-hi-nz.html)

Jody Arnott January 4th, 2013 01:29 AM

Hi from NZ

Hey guys,

I've been posting here for a while, but never got around to introducing myself. So here goes!

I'm Jody, 25, male, New Zealand. I've spent the last year or so working in the broadcast department at Sky Television as well as doing some freelance videography on the side. Last month I left Sky to focus on building up my videography business. For now I'm just a one man crew (with help when I need it) doing smallish jobs.

I have a Canon XA10, Canon HF-G10, GoPro Hero 2, Merlin Steadicam 2, Glidetrack slider, and a few mics, monitors, tripods and other gear that I've collected through the years. I edit on Avid Media Composer.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a professional camera. I'm leaning towards the Canon XF300, but we'll see how it goes.

I think that's enough.. :)

Craig Parkes January 5th, 2013 03:38 AM

Re: Hi from NZ

Hey Jody, another Kiwi here. I work at Afterglow and we actually do quite a lot of work for Sky (promos etc). If you ever need support with motion graphics etc, drop me a line. We also have a sound booth for VO work and can offer a lot of post production services that can fill the gaps for a free lancer videographer starting out.

Jody Arnott January 6th, 2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Parkes (Post 1771305)
Hey Jody, another Kiwi here. I work at Afterglow and we actually do quite a lot of work for Sky (promos etc). If you ever need support with motion graphics etc, drop me a line. We also have a sound booth for VO work and can offer a lot of post production services that can fill the gaps for a free lancer videographer starting out.

Thanks for that Craig.

I do find recording decent voice overs can be difficult. I have decent audio gear but no fancy soundproof booth to do the recording.

I've been trying to find somewhere that will take a script that I've written and actually read it, record it and upload the audio. Do you offer anything like that, or do you just hire out your booth?

Craig Parkes January 6th, 2013 03:59 AM

We don't have in house voice talent, as clients usually pick or provide from one of the voice talent aencies. Some VO guys have their own recording setup for such purposes, but not many (as most aren't dedicated VO guys locally so there is not enough work to warrant owning heir own gear.)

There are some guys in the states who offer that service.

My boss does do the odd read for corporate jobs when budget is low, and we'd be happy to book and record a voice over remotely for you, but best results tend to come with yu and or cluent in the room to give feedback.