DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Lone Stranger (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/516407-lone-stranger.html)

David Jackson May 8th, 2013 03:36 PM

Lone Stranger

Hi, I'm in Ruislip Middlesex. Have been interested in audio and video for ages but don't have any contacts to share my knowledge with. I am currently building a steadicam clone which is progressing well. I have tended to go it alone as I had bad experiences on DVX user. They seem to be intolerant of any one who is not from the USA. I found you could not have any views, unless, they were in line with theirs. It was suggested to me that I should try to find local people who share my interest.

Robin Davies-Rollinson May 9th, 2013 04:44 AM

Re: Lone Stranger

Hi David,
Glad to welcome you to DVInfo!
You'll find that the membership here is worldwide and reads like the United Nations. I've never had any reaction to my posts here that you seem to have suffered elsewhere.
Good luck with your steadicam rig - keep us informed, maybe with some pics as well. You'll find that there are a number of sections covering the various areas of video production. You're sure to find lots of helpful tips on the camera support section.

Regards

Robin

Noa Put May 9th, 2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Jackson (Post 1794666)
I have tended to go it alone as I had bad experiences on DVX user.

Can't speak for dvxuser but I know some other fora that revolve more around a certain camera or a brand and the general attitude at those can often be very nasty, here you don't have that issue as you have a very wide range of topics and polite and professional behavior.

Mike Beckett May 9th, 2013 06:04 AM

David,

Welcome. I'll bet you're not as strange as me! As others have said, you'll be very welcome here at DVinfo. There'a a lot more UK/Ireland people here than you'd think at first.

Chris Hurd May 9th, 2013 08:20 AM

55% of our membership is outside the U.S. (from which this site is owned and operated). We have an astonishing number of folks here from the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, Africa, India, everywhere. DV Info Net is indeed a melting pot with *all* of the world's ingredients mixed in. The goal here is to keep things friendly as well as informative. Welcome aboard!

James Kuhn May 9th, 2013 12:13 PM

David...Welcome to DVInfo! My 'UK cousins' are always welcome to comment on any thread I've written.

Regards,

J.

Warren Kawamoto May 9th, 2013 04:32 PM

Aloha! There is no place more isolated than the Hawaiian Islands, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You'll find that this board has many decades worth of collective experience and wisdom. It has certainly helped me in countless situations, just as I'm sure it will help you. No man is an island, no man stands alone. Welcome aboard!

David Jackson May 10th, 2013 04:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! Hope i can give some input to help out other members.