Lone Stranger at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Tourist

Lone Stranger

Hi, I'm in Ruislip Middlesex. Have been interested in audio and video for ages but don't have any contacts to share my knowledge with. I am currently building a steadicam clone which is progressing well. I have tended to go it alone as I had bad experiences on DVX user. They seem to be intolerant of any one who is not from the USA. I found you could not have any views, unless, they were in line with theirs. It was suggested to me that I should try to find local people who share my interest.
David Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Lone Stranger

Hi David,
Glad to welcome you to DVInfo!
You'll find that the membership here is worldwide and reads like the United Nations. I've never had any reaction to my posts here that you seem to have suffered elsewhere.
Good luck with your steadicam rig - keep us informed, maybe with some pics as well. You'll find that there are a number of sections covering the various areas of video production. You're sure to find lots of helpful tips on the camera support section.

Regards

Robin
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
I have tended to go it alone as I had bad experiences on DVX user.
Can't speak for dvxuser but I know some other fora that revolve more around a certain camera or a brand and the general attitude at those can often be very nasty, here you don't have that issue as you have a very wide range of topics and polite and professional behavior.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #4
Trustee

David,

Welcome. I'll bet you're not as strange as me! As others have said, you'll be very welcome here at DVinfo. There'a a lot more UK/Ireland people here than you'd think at first.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

55% of our membership is outside the U.S. (from which this site is owned and operated). We have an astonishing number of folks here from the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, Africa, India, everywhere. DV Info Net is indeed a melting pot with *all* of the world's ingredients mixed in. The goal here is to keep things friendly as well as informative. Welcome aboard!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Major Player

David...Welcome to DVInfo! My 'UK cousins' are always welcome to comment on any thread I've written.

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #7
Trustee

Aloha! There is no place more isolated than the Hawaiian Islands, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You'll find that this board has many decades worth of collective experience and wisdom. It has certainly helped me in countless situations, just as I'm sure it will help you. No man is an island, no man stands alone. Welcome aboard!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Tourist

Thanks for the welcome guys! Hope i can give some input to help out other members.
David Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood