G'day from Sydney, Australia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #1
New Boot

G'day from Sydney, Australia

Hey guys and girls,

My names Shannon (prefer Shaz), and hail from the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I've joined up with hopes to learn a fair bit more about my camera, post editing, and get some ideas from other users.

Anyway, about myself. I'm 25, and about 6-7 months in to learning all there is about videography. I mainly shoot car club events at the moment, but looking to branch out into different areas, and get some more widespread exposure (hehe) to different subjects. My business name is Differential Studios.

Gear wise, I currently run a Canon 7D as my main camera, with a backup of a Canon 600D. The 7D is my weapon of choice for video, mainly as it shoots in 720p @ 60fps, which I prefer to use in post-production. Unfortunately, the 600D doesn't shoot in that, however, I'm going to look at upgrading the 600D to a 70D once they become available. As a list, I cyurrently have;

- Canon 7D
- Canon 600D
- GoPro Hero 3 Black (On order, waiting for delivery)
- Glidecam HD2000
- Weifeng FT-717 fluid video tripod (What a great, cheap unit that is!)
- 18-200mm EF-S 3.5-5.6 IS
- Canon 40mm 1.8
- Canon 50mm 1.8

In any case, looking forward to contributing to the forum, and the ongoing learning that comes along with it! Happy to share the videos I've done so far if people are interested (Note: They mainly are automotive based at this stage though!)

Cheers,
Shaz
Shannon Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: G'day from Sydney, Australia

why do aussies always start with g'day - I guess it's a unique identifier..

G'day Shaz, car club events eh? there was a recent post for a job on starnow shooting stuff like that - could be right up your alley.

I remember having a press pass at one of the 1st summernats - interesting times!

you'll learn a great deal here, enjoy your time
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: G'day from Sydney, Australia

G'day Shaz

I have joined up recently too, but from the other side of Oz. There is plenty here for us all. I see you are into DSLR video and there seems to be lots of good advice about that format here. I prefer more traditional video camera format. I do use my SLR's for time-lapse though.

This place is great, I know you will enjoy it as much as I am already.

Cheers

Tim

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood