A New Arrival Here in Los Angeles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 11th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #1
Tourist

A New Arrival Here in Los Angeles

Hey what's going on everybody!

Well, just moved out here about a month or so ago and it's truly been a life changer. It's kind of a surreal feeling still because I've always said that I would live in California someday and now here I am.

I'm 23, born and raised in the fast growing town of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I just graduated Film School out in Florida back in October. Florida has too much humidity and rain for my liking and truly not enough terrain. You'll catch me watching/playing soccer, snowboarding, playing Halo and being a "gear head". I'm currently Interning at AbelCine in the Burbank location so stop on by!

I'm looking forward to this adventure of life, meeting new people and seeing where it takes me. I'm glad to be apart of this community where we all share a common interest.

See you around the forum, cheers!
Derek Olson
Derek Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: A New Arrival Here in Los Angeles

Hope you like LA. I was born and raised in LA and grew up in Brentwood. You got to love the mountains there. Are you interning at AbelCine to be a salesperson or what? Do you own any of your own video gear. I have a friend that's staying with me right now (Boca Raton) and she wants to produce a 3 or 5 minute pilot for an animal rescue/kid TV Series. She lives in LA and she asked me if there were any places that she could go to network with young and upcoming shooters to help her. She'll probably want to hook up with someone that shoots 422 @ 50Mbs so her pilot would be in actual broadcast quality HD to show to the investors.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

I'll bet there's quite a difference in January weather between Los Angeles and Sioux Falls, eh, Derek? Congrats on your big move!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Major Player

Welcome to LA from a 4th generation native.....feel free to stop by here at Filmtools in Burbank....

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Welcome to L.A. I am a happy so cal resident. Been living here since 1980.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood