DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   The Dude From Okc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/52444-dude-okc.html)

Zeke Piper October 8th, 2005 11:46 AM

The Dude From Oklahoma

Hey guys , great site with alot of useful information , i live in Okc and after
working for a few local companies the past 4 years and surfin freelance(at least thats what we like to call it)im now tryin my butt off to get my own biz on its feet. I just got the XL2 and dig the hell out of it. I edit on FCP on a powerbook. I just recently finished my coolest gig yet. I got hired to be a little surveillance unit director on a film entitled "surveillance" starring Armand Assante and directed by Fritz kiersch(children of the corn)produced by Gray Fredrickson(apacolypse now, godfather 2) while on the job i went ahead and shot a behind the scenes featurette and they now want to put it on the DVD with the film which im totally stoked about . Enough on me tho i can never learn enough so any cool info or advice on my little setup (powerbook,Xl2,me) is appreciated. Ya ! I watched the xl2 video on DV creator (awesome) and love to here any cool preset news like "were in the world is the mac version" or "hey try this it looks cool" thanks...z

Riley Harmon October 9th, 2005 07:43 PM

Hi, I am currently a film student at OU. I might need your help in the next month or two. I need someone with either an XL2 or a Panasonic DVX100a for a short project.

Zeke Piper October 10th, 2005 06:17 PM

cool

ya just let me know man , ill see what i can do.Im a little buried cuttin a documentary right now but who knows. Ive done alot of shorts myself. I was in the occc program a few years ago , thats when its the easiest to organize your short films when your surrounded by other people doin the same thing and alot of them dont have jobs either so their usually all about it. It gets a little harder when you done tho so good luck and start puttin it down, Okc is pretty small im sure ill see you around...

Andrew C. Stewart October 10th, 2005 10:19 PM

Hey guys I'm up here in Ponca City. I'm messing around with this stuff mostly as a hobby (real job and money come first) and yeah it's really tough to get people organized when there aren't a bunch of out of work and bored college students around.

I've got a couple scripts that are nearing completion but god only knows when I could ever shoot them. Which is a shame as I just purchased all the gear I'll need: XL2, M2 Cinema Lens Adapter, Monitor, tripod, etc. I was hoping a kick in my wallet's ass would motivate me to get some of these things done. I guess we'll see once football season quits taking up my Saturdays.

Though as a shout out to the RedRock guys and the Micro35 (M2), seeing what the images look like with film like depth of field has really motivated me to start thinking about shooting things now! It looks fantastic!

James Bridges October 17th, 2005 02:33 PM

What's up guys. Here in OKC too. Riley what's up man. I'm in post right now on a feature project called When I Find Bin Laden. Matter of fact Riley is going to be helping out a little. I like the way your set up sounds with the XL 2.... Nice! Anyway, just joined the forum and thought I would shout out to the other locals. I'd like to see some footage of that behind the scenes doc. Sounds interesting.

Zeke Piper October 19th, 2005 11:16 AM

cool glad sounds like everybody is creating a little buzz. Andrew im glad u are thinking about shooting something now that u almost have everything a person could possibly need, but honestly dude the time is hardly ever right and u can never have enough equipment , if the DOF is your main hang up
theres plenty of ways around it even without the mini35 or the micro. Just play around more with less light or your ND filters and set things closer to the lense its just what us prosumer camera ops gotta live with but have fun
anyway. James your doc looks cool keep us posted. When i get my site up again ill put the BTS i did up as well as few other projects. good luck...z