Greetings from Chicago at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 14th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings from Chicago

Always had a fascination with video and photography. But up until a few years ago, I just had your basic point-and-shoot still camera. Was never pleased with the quality. I then entered the wonderful world of DSLR and really enjoy the freedom it brings. And I was finally sastified with the quality.

But I still shoot all video with a consumer cam basically in auto mode. I'm now wanting to take my video to the next level as I have done with photography. I am thus looking at a cam offering at least 8-bit 4:2:2 HD (preferably 10-bit). I don't typically grade footage, but would like more latitude when I need to.

I don't work in the media industry and all my projects are just for personal use (mostly capturing moments of family vacations). But I also want to use the new equipment as a learning opportunity. Perhaps in my retirement years I'll pursue a side job in either photography and/or videography.

Side note: While I would love to one day experience working with a true cinema setup, I am just a one-person operation. Thus, my style of shooting would be classified as "event".

Looking forward to learning more from this web site and forum.
Ricky Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 10:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Greetings from Chicago

Don't get too caught up with specs & numbers. Yes 8bit is better than 10bit, but you can get some great images out of 8bit, especially if you know how to work with light, lenses, angles, etc. properly.

Poke around & keep shooting lots of videos. Welcome to DVInfo.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood