DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greeting from Toronto, Ontario, Canada! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/53391-greeting-toronto-ontario-canada.html)

Andrew Petrie September 3rd, 2003 07:09 AM

I'm in London, a stone's throw away. Pleased to meet ya.

David Pritchett September 12th, 2003 01:17 AM

Hey again!

Great to meet you guys!

GO LEAFS (indeed!!).

We're in post on our HD short right now. The route we went was to get the master HD tapes transferred to Digibeta, then to DVCAM, and then directly into the computer. We'll cut on the DVCAM, and master with the Digibetas. If the need arises, we'll take our EDL (Avid Xpress) to a house that has HD decks and make an HD master copy as well... However, this does pose a bit of a problem, as we have some 3D/CG work being done, and (right now) there are no plans for rendering out that footage at the HD rez. We'll see what happens :)

We're planning on shooting 3 spec commercials in 3 weeks time, so we're keepin' very busy. We'll also be shooting these on HD.

Keep shootin'!!!!!

David

P.S. This place rocks!

David Hurdon September 12th, 2003 05:32 AM

Welcome, David. You have indeed found the right forum for digital video. Let me know if you need an amateur to hang around evenings and weekends, getting in the way and asking too many questions.

David Hurdon

Frank Granovski September 12th, 2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Hey, I used to live in Toronto...Go Leafs!
Years ago I watched King of Kensington on TV. And after that, I watched the re-runs. Then in 1979 I moved to T.O. for a while. I loved the city! (And the funny people that hung out around the Maple Leaf Gardens at night.)

PS: I never did find that store that "The King" owned and ran. :(

Thomas Fraser December 27th, 2003 11:31 PM

Toronto Ontario

Anyone in Toronto.. I am looking for a video club to join. A great way to x-change ideas and watch eachothers videos.
Maybe we can form a video/ film making club?
Say hello .
Thomas

Dylan Couper December 28th, 2003 01:58 AM

I've heard of Toronto...
Oh wait, I was born there...
Then I got some sense and moved to Vancouver.
Leafs still rule though!

David Hurdon December 28th, 2003 10:01 AM

After 20 years in Toronto I know one person who shares my interest in digital content creation, and he made his living in video for those years. I'd be very interested in a local group with shared interest and I hope some of the other guys and girls I've noticed from Toronto here and on other groups would be too.

David Hurdon

Andrew Petrie December 29th, 2003 09:21 AM

What kind of gear do you both have? We may have the hardware to put something together. I live outside of Toronto, but frequent the area for a car club I am involved with.

Christopher C. Murphy July 12th, 2004 09:37 AM

Toronto Canada this week anyone? I have a shoot there.

Hi Toronto Canada video'ers!

If anyone on here will be in Toronto Canada the rest of this week and maybe want to hookup for some beers and talk shop let me know. I've got a shoot from Tuesday to Friday in Toronto.

Any good bars in town??

Murph

Myron Iwankewich July 14th, 2004 03:01 PM

Hi Christopher. I'm sorry I didnt see your posting earlier or I would have tried hooking up. Where in Toronto are you shooting? What's the project?

Regards, Myron

Christopher C. Murphy July 16th, 2004 10:53 PM

Toronto Canada shoot

Hi Myron, I was in the theater district on King St.

The shoot was a corporate HP thing (they're on King St.), so that was during the day. At night I was partying at all those cool places like the Kit Kat....and this one place where all the babes were hanging out the windows! What a cool place...man, there are some hot women in Toronto. The only bummer is that most of them smoke! What the deal with huge smoking population!

Also, the day I rolled in was the day of the massive smog over the city (Tuesday). It was bad that day and that night there were huge storms too.

Sorry I missed you, but I'd like to come up there again. It's got some great clubs!

Murph

Ari Shomair July 23rd, 2004 10:37 PM

It's not that there are a lot of smokers, its that it is illegal to smoke inside a bar or club, so anyone who does smoke groups outside together, giving the apperance of more smokers than there actually are.

Montral is where all the smokers live ;)

Joseph De Leo July 25th, 2004 09:00 AM

Hi All From De Leo Productions Inc.

Hello everyone.

My name is Joseph and I'm an indie from Toronto. I've made 2 short digital films and am currently trying to get a feature together.

I mainly shoot on the Sony VX2000, and still feel that it is a camera that can't be beat.

Check out my site to view the trailers of my 2 short films:
FISH'N CHICKS and PILGARLIC.

The movie FISH'N CHICKS can be seen at 3btv.com in the UK and undergroundfilm.org.

I'm glad to finally be a part of DV Community.

Best regards

Joseph

www.deleoproductions.com

Rob Lohman August 2nd, 2004 11:14 AM

Welcome aboard Joseph! Good to have you with us.

Joseph De Leo August 2nd, 2004 06:23 PM

hey

Thanks for having me.