DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greeting from Toronto, Ontario, Canada! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/53391-greeting-toronto-ontario-canada.html)

Ryan Reyes October 26th, 2005 02:19 PM

Greeting from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Hi everyone,

Canon GL2 user from Toronto, Canada here. Video production is a hobby of mine, which I'm trying to dedicate more time to. I've done some small personal projects including a wedding and a vacation video.

I'm looking forward to learning and interacting with all of you!

Rob Lohman November 11th, 2005 03:29 AM

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net Ryan! Good to have you with us, sorry for the
late welcome. Enjoy your stay!

Jipsi Kinnear December 20th, 2005 11:05 PM

Toronto

Greetings all, I've noticed a few of us are from Toronto. Speak up if you are, I'm interested to know how many of us from the t.dot are here. I'll start it off by introducing myself, my name you already know. I've worked in the film biz here in Canada for about 16 yrs. primarily in Toronto and Vancouver and I live down on the harbourfront.

GO LEAFS GO...

Steve Shilson January 6th, 2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jipsi Kinnear
Greetings all, I've noticed a few of us are from Toronto. Speak up if you are, I'm interested to know how many of us from the t.dot are here. I'll start it off by introducing myself, my name you already know. I've worked in the film biz here in Canada for about 16 yrs. primarily in Toronto and Vancouver and I live down on the harbourfront.

GO LEAFS GO...

Although not from the TO, I'm only a short few hours away in Windsor! When will you Leaf fans just give up? The Wings are where it's at. haha

Matthew Nayman January 14th, 2006 02:23 PM

Hey. XL2 user form TO.

Nice ot meet ya

Jipsi Kinnear January 19th, 2006 09:44 PM

Come on Toronto people, speak up.

PS: Hi Matthew and Steve

Jipsi Kinnear January 19th, 2006 09:48 PM

By the way, any Toronto folks heading to NAB this year? I'm trying to go, first time, can't wait. Love the toys and LOVE Vegas.

A wise old man once said... "Vegas wasn't built on winners"

Chris C. Corfield January 21st, 2006 10:50 AM

From Niagara here. Using a GL2/Firestore setup.

Chris

Glenn Chan January 21st, 2006 12:17 PM

I live in Toronto. I also like Vegas... my favorite NLE and color correction program.

Mike Toledano January 21st, 2006 01:01 PM

Hey,

I'm an Fx1 user here in TO. What kind of work do you do?

Steve House January 21st, 2006 01:15 PM

Right next door in Hamilton here.

Dino Santoro February 23rd, 2006 09:38 AM

Big shout out from the T-DOT

I'm from Toronto, right downtown. I'm shooting with a DVX100A and just switched from premiere to FCP since I bought a G5. I'm a member of LIFT (Lift.on.ca) and Trinity Square Video (trinitysquarevideo.com). TSV is a great resourse for DV filmmakers.

I'm always up for get togethers to talk about the craft.

Dino Santoro February 23rd, 2006 09:42 AM

Toronto Film Challenge

In case anyone is interested there is a 24 hour film challenge going on in Toronto (torontofilmchallenge.com). I've signed up and it's my 2nd 24 hour challenge. It like film school crammed into 24 hours. I might need a camera operator/sound person if someone wants to participate but doesn't want to form a team.

Cheers

Christopher Leclair February 23rd, 2006 10:04 AM

I'm next door in Guelph!

Steve House February 23rd, 2006 11:29 AM

Down the road a bit in Hamilton