DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greeting from Toronto, Ontario, Canada! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/53391-greeting-toronto-ontario-canada.html)

Michael Dalton February 6th, 2003 11:05 AM

Toronto - documentary lovers (and xl1s owners)

Anyone one these boards come from Toronto.

I am looking to meet people in the area who are interested in making documentaries, or any type of productions. So if you young/old, experienced or just enthusiastic, drop me an email.

If there any experiened Xl1s shooters out there, that would like to share some of their knowledge, to help make my work better, email me.

michaelds@digitalcrossing.ca

I'm just finishing up my first TV doc shot in Mexico, and looking for people to colaborate or talk (spitball) on other projects.(documentaries only, and maybe short films)

Michael

Dylan Couper February 6th, 2003 07:46 PM

Well I used to live in Toronto...
...But I like Vancouver much much better. :)

Dominik Chrzan February 12th, 2003 10:14 PM

michael, if i may ask, what kind of documentary did you film in mexico?

dom

Haasim Mahanaim April 3rd, 2003 05:08 PM

Greetings From a Toronto Broadcast Journalism Student

Hey,

I've been lurking for a while because I didn't really have any thing to contribute. - Now that I have begun working on some projects, I decided I might aswell introduce myself.

I've spent the last few months working on a script that started out as a screenplay that later transformed into a short film script.

I am also working on a screenplay that I hope to finish during the spring. There was a time when I was really impatient and determined to achieve immediate success. I scoffed at the idea of doing a short film because I felt my 'brilliant' ideas needed a larger audience.

Now I am not quite so naive. And I am eager to take babysteps in my pursuit of being a storyteller.

After being inspired by some of the short films showcased on this site, I have generated some ideas that I am eager to pursue.

My first few projects will be voice over narrative driven stories. I don't have access to a boom mic write now and I don't want to destroy my initial projects with bad audio.

When reading the many rules and guidelines for this site, it seems to be much more rigid than any Internet community I've visited.

I never really though of an Internet handle as a facade or disguise. It just seemed like a playful and creative way of distinguishing ourselves while giving some kind of insight into our personality.

Anyway, this is one of the better filmmaking communities on the net, so I guess these 'rigid' rules must be a quality control thing.

Hopefully I will be able to put what I have learned from here to good use.

Frank Granovski April 3rd, 2003 05:17 PM

Welcome, Haasim! I'll be looking forward to reading your posts!

----------------------------------------
Dar deh be dar moon --- Farsi

Rob Lohman April 4th, 2003 09:36 AM

Welcome aboard, Haasim! You are in a position that a lot of us
are in. Lots of ideas. Now is the time to start doing something
with em! I hope you'll be able to do things you want to do and
am interested to see what you'll produce!

And yes, the real names is part of the quality control that is being
done here. As you have noted, it seems to work!

Jason Balich April 20th, 2003 03:11 PM

Hello from TORONTO !!

Hi there,

I'm somewhat new to this forum... although i have been reading and posting liek a madman since i got my GL2.

I live in Toronto Ontario and was wondering if there were any people out there interested in doing some filming. Im totally open to concepts and I bring a good amount of NLE knowledge and special effects compositing to the table.

Haasim Mahanaim April 21st, 2003 08:08 AM

Hey,

I'm also from Toronto... I checked out your portfolio site, http://www.littlebearmedia.com - nice work!

I noticed you went to Seneca college. I'm currently attending the Seneca@York campus for Broadcast Journalism. I'm going to be in school during the summer, but I'd be interested to 'help out' if you work on any video projects.

Just like every wanna filmmaker, I've been working on a few scripts I hope to complete during my weeks off before the start of the summer semester. There is a cool production company founded by Kevin Spacey, they have a community called triggerstreet.com where storytellers can share their work and get feedback. Ever heard of it?

John Locke April 21st, 2003 08:54 AM

Welcome, Jason!

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards. I'm a bit of a commute from Toronto, but you'll find a few more people in your area here.

Good luck with your GL2.

Dylan Couper April 21st, 2003 10:28 AM

Hey, welcome!
I used to live in TO.
Moved to Vancouver 8 years ago.

Andrew Petrie May 8th, 2003 10:01 AM

There are a few people scattered around SW Ontario...Myself and Frank Goertzen are in the London area. It'd be fun to get everyone together and throw ideas around.

My only contact with a GL2 has been on display at FutureShop. There's always a salesman hanging around when you're looking at a $4K camera. I just smile and inform him I've got his bigger brother. Not one has known what I'm talking about :P *shrug*

Jason Balich May 8th, 2003 10:25 AM

Get Together = Good Idea

The idea of getting a bunch of people together sounds interesting. I've heard of alot of good things happening after people poling there skills and ideas. How do u suppose we get this going?

David Pritchett September 2nd, 2003 03:11 PM

Hey folks! New member from Toronto!

Hey, folks!

I just stumbled across this excellent forum of yours. I'm VERY impressed! It's been added to my favourites, and I'm sure I'll be frequenting it as often as possible (daily!).

I'm living in Toronto, and trying to keep as busy as possible. We've just finished shooting a couple of shorts on 16mm, as well as another short on Hi-Def, and a music video on Hi-Def. We try to mix up all these 'big' shoots with DV projects as well.

So, if you're in the Toronto area, give me a shout! (especially if you're an experienced DOP, or camera person with samples) ;)

Until then.

David

dpritchett@pendulumentertainment.com

http://www.pendulumentertainment.com

Ken Tanaka September 2nd, 2003 10:13 PM

Welcome David

I'm sure we'd love to hear more about your work, particularly your HD and DV work.

Dylan Couper September 2nd, 2003 10:34 PM

Hey, I used to live in Toronto...

Go Leafs!