Hi from Colorado at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 29th, 2005, 03:34 AM   #1
New Boot

Hi from Colorado

Hi Everyone,

I just recently discovered DVinfo, so I decided to join to get in on all the great dialogue.

A little about me: I play and work on in FCP Studio on a Powerbook G4. I'm a film student so I have access to a 3CCD camera but I've been thinking about investing in one for myself so I don't need to rely on the availability of the school's (seriously considering an XL1s). I'm also in the process of designing a web site for myself.

I must say I'm very excited to be a part of this community to have a space to discuss projects and ideas, and maybe even collaborate with nearby members.

I look forward to further discussions.

Zach
Zach Wolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Zach,

You made a good decision, and welcome! There are some pretty cool members in the Rockies; you may find that collaboration one of these days. :)
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hi Zach, and welcome to DVinfo! Will look forward to hearing about all your projects.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #4
New Boot

Thank you Lorinda and Boyd for the very warm welcome! I look forward to talking further

Zach
Zach Wolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Wrangler

welcome, zach....i used to teach film studies at CU-Denver. i enjoyed the students in that environment a great deal, even though the program was in a bit of chaotic flux. what film program are you involved with, and how do you like it?
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:55 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks Meryem. My school's film program is interrelated with the English department, so there is really a film department. The program emphasizes studying the creation of a story, comparing that in literature and to that in film to gain a greater understanding of the two.

The downside, of course, is that there is an apparent emphasis on film study and filmmaking is second-hand to it. There are a number of filmmaking courses available, and that I've taken, but like any other path of study in undergraduate work I'm expecting to not get to the meat of film study and filmmaking until grad school.
Zach Wolfson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood