Hi from Pittsburgh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 1st, 2006, 01:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi from Pittsburgh

Anyone here in the Western PA area?

Currently setup with a DVX100B and am about to grab a Redrock 35mm adapter in the next couple of weeks. Always interested in meeting likeminded people.
Luke Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 03:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Anyone here in the Western PA area?

Currently setup with a DVX100B and am about to grab a Redrock 35mm adapter in the next couple of weeks. Always interested in meeting likeminded people.
pittsburg, west coast here...

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Karl! Pittsburgh is a great town - I lived there for a number of years and got my MFA from Carnegie-Mellon University. Don't get back there too often these days, but it's always fun whenever I do. All those hills can be a real challenge in the winter though!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Wrangler

i grew up in the 'burgh, and most of my family still lives there. friendliest folks on the planet!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 04:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yep, I've lived in San Diego, CA, Flagstaff, AZ, and L.A. (but I was only 6 at the time so that doesn't really count...).

I was born in PA and ended up back here. It's a unique place, not for everyone but if you like interesting people and rainy days it might be for you ;).
Luke Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Luke,

I live in Chester, WV... about 40 minutes north-west of Pittsburgh. I use an XL2 and Final Cut Pro. I'm a relative newbie, less than a year working with dv. I do weddings and stuff for extra cash (and fun, belive it or not), but right now I am working with a few of my cousins from across the country on a doc about steeler fans. We are almost done shooting and hope to have it ready to market in time for the start of the next season. I'm also writing my first feature... an ultra-low budget ninja/zombie movie. No one has done that right yet. I plan on shooting it over a few weeks this summer. Well, thats my goings-on in a nutt shell. If you ever need some help with a creative progect, email me and I might be able to help out.

Paul Picklesimer
Paul Picklesimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 07:25 AM   #7
Tourist

western Pa.

I'm located in Uniontown, Pa.
Recently relocated to my hometown to work on a project in the coal & steel towns of the region. I spend a fair amount of time over in Philadelphia, as well.
W. Keith McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:13 AM   #8
Wrangler

Welcome Keith! Sounds like you must spend a lot of time on the PA turnpike :-)
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM   #9
New Boot

north of you

Sup pittsburgh,

Steelers won the SUPERBOWL!!! It was nice. I'm from Rochester, NY which is about 3 hours north of you.

I own a GL2 and sound equipments. Sure wish i have a better camera though, like XL 2 because of the lens adapter.

My older brother graduated from University of Pitts as a top student in School of Medicine. I'm talking number one. I didn't know that until i was there for his graduation. Amazing to know that it was my brother. You know where he graduated, in a building right next to a long neck dinosaur. I dont know the name of the building, but you know what i'm talking about, right?

Anyway, i'm out.

Peace
adrean
Adrean Mangiardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM   #10
Wrangler

Was it here? http://www.carnegiemnh.org/exhibits/jurassic/pano.html
Old March 1st, 2006, 10:12 AM   #11
Wrangler

uniontown?? wow, that takes me back down memory lane. my family used to have to drive through uniontown to get to deep creek lake, way back when, before there was an interstate from from pittsburgh to western maryland. there was a howard johnson's nearby. clam rolls. jello cubes in a parfait glass with a little cookie perched on top.

i'm betting it's not the uniontown of memory anymore....

p.s. the stillers didn't look that great in the super bowl, but it was still exciting to root for my childhood team!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM   #12
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
my family used to have to drive through uniontown to get to deep creek lake, way back when, before there was an interstate from from pittsburgh to western maryland.
Now you're taking me on a trip down memory lane! Back around 1975 I worked near Deep Creek Lake as designer/technical director for a company called "Theatre Five" which was based in Friendsville I believe (testing my memory here). The company was started by some people from Towson State Univ, and they found a way to tap Federal/State funding for Appalacia by creating an organization called the "Regional Cultural Educational Development Association." They had offices in an old farmhouse and we built our scenery in a barn right on the edge of the Youghegheny (?sp) River. For awhile I commuted from Pittsburgh so I drove those roads a lot, although I don't remember much about the towns along the way. Beautiful area around there - and a wild time all around ;-)
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #13
Tourist

The Burgh

I am from Baldwin in the south hills. Just picked up a DVC30. Went downtown to get some shots of the St Pattys day parade to see what the camera could do. Love the video it produces. Maybe we can hookup and shoot the town.
Bob Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I am also her in Pittsburgh waiting for some fair weather to give my H1
a go...

Chuck
Chuck Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM   #15
Regular Crew

live in pittsburgh

i live in the suburbs of pittsburgh and go to Pine-Richland High School. I shoot with the sony HVR-V1U and edit with FCP 5 on my powermac g5. Lucky enough to have awesome equipment for a high school kid.
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood