Florida Addict - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Them hurrycanes make for great kite flyin ;)
Hey, Hurricanes are nothing but air, well a little rain too, but it's all hot air! I taped the last hurricane, but made the big mistake of leaving the focus on auto. When the rain hit the filter on the lens, it changed the focus. I only did it because I was going in and out and wiping the camera down in between, probably 30 times. I had no power to view he footage, much of which was not focused well!------Damn!

Hey Hurricanes are fun, if you don't have big losses! No fun last year, this year no damage. This was my fifth.

Come-on Lorinda, no guts no glory! Come for that visit!

Mike
Old January 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #17
Capt. Quirk

*warning! Extreme Rant Ahead!*

My take on hurricanes-
Ok, so I am a Floridian, and have been for pretty much 40 years now. I have seen hurricanes come and go, and had many a great party during them. Then came Charlie, Francis, and Jeanne, back in 2004... We lost power in the first one, along with some shingles and our skylight. Then, with Francis, we lost a few more shingles, and our power, but we now had a generator, so it wasn't too bad.

By the time they were done with us, it was time for the insurance company to have it's way with us. Since they didn't bother to come out till all the storms were over, we had a healthy jungle of mold growing throughout the house. They brought in a Mold removal company, which literally gutted our home, until there was nothing but the outside walls and roof left. Then, to make matters worse, they gave us a grand total of $53,000 to rebuild the entire house. But it gets even worse, because the check was made out to our mortgage company, Ameriquest.

It has been an uphill battle ever since, because the retards at Ameriquest refuse to release the repair money to us, until the house is 100% finished. Whenever we need to buy anything, or have any work done, we need to get an estimate, send it in, where they lose it. We then send it again, and they sit on it for a month, and send us a check. We then need to have a signed lien release waver from the contractor, saying that they have been fully compensated, and hold no lien on our home. We send this in, and of course, they lose that as well.

Well, since the mold people had started, we were unable to live here. The insurance company was paying a housing allowance, so that we wouldn't be forced to live in our car, but only for 12 months. In which time, the house is still far from being done, because the people at Ameriquest still haven't given out the money. After all the crap we went through, they are still refusing to give it up till the house is finished.

I wish those hurricanes had been more thorough. I also wish Ameriquest gets hit by a mudslide... then a brushfire... then an earthquake or three, just in case they are still twitching. But, I'm not bitter. Just one straw short of going postal maybe, but not bitter.
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM   #18
Wrangler

Hurricane Jeanne? That's my middle name, Mike.....so I've been there! (Sorry about the damage, Keith.) ;)
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #19
Capt. Quirk

Thhhhpt!

:P
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #20
Inner Circle

That really sucks Keith! Have you contacted an attorney?

Mike
Old January 19th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #21
Capt. Quirk

Only lawyers we spoke with, assured us that the mortgage contracts covered them.
Old January 19th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Good God, what a nightmare! I'm sure you called the Insurance Commissioner’s office? Got to rattle the politicians... especially Charlie Crist's office (SOS), he wants to be Governor so bad, he'd do anything for a vote, you'd be surprised!

I never thought I would see the day that companies like All State and State Farm (and all of their jack) turn tail and run from clients after a storm. But they do/did, leaving so many people like you in there wake. But they're an insurance company; you half expect them to try to get over on you, not a mortgage company, that is despicable.

Sorry I wedged open your wound, I did not mean to be so glib about Hurricanes... I know better.

We are so lucky on the west coast, but that too is just an anomaly. We will get ours. Unfortunately, you really find out what kind of company you are doing business with when a crisis occurs.

My mother-in-law lives in PSL, she got quite lucky, only lost her back porch.
Another 'ex-mother-in-law' in Melbourne, few problems for her too.

Go figure.
Dave Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #23
Capt. Quirk

It was having to talk to the retards at Ameriquest yesterday, that really did it. I swear they sit outside the special olympics and recruit. I mean, what kind of genius decides that you really don't need the insurance money to repair your home, when they have an inspector taking pictures of the home being gutted? And now that it has been over a year, they are wondering why it isn't done. Duh!?!?!

Every time I have to deal with them, I just feel like gutting the house, taking everything out of it, Sawing through all the studs, filling all the pipes with cement, and letting them have it back.
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #24
Capt. Quirk

And Dave... It is I who owes you an appology, for hijacking your introduction thread, and being a downer.

But still, welcome to the boards!
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #25
Trustee

Let's have the meeting in Orlando - centrally located and we can take a break at Disney and shoot each other with the characters. Or at the Alligator farm!

Oh, I should mention that I just recently moved to Clermont FLorida, about 30 miles to EPCOT. And I now live on the 7th tee of the only mountain golf course in Florida (Diamond Players).

I am waiting for the day that I get up and put on a sweater because it dropped all the way down to 72 degrees. Maybe next winter? For now I still wear short sleeves down to 50 degrees.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #26
Capt. Quirk

I've got my Marlboro Hoody on, with my shorts and sandles. About time to switch out to a t shirt now.
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Another Floridian

Hello all,

Ive manily been on the DMN forum but DVi looks like it is more popular. Im located in Rockledge over by Cocoa Beach.

Vegas 6 user and just purchased an FX1.

Brian
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #28
Capt. Quirk

Hey Brian- You're in sniping distance! Hello, and welcome.
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Gatorland's a hoot Steve, I did a shoot there once. Got some big bull gator to 'nip' my lens, at his eye level, it was a really killer shot.

Truth: if you charge at a gator, it will turn tail and run. One of the guy's at Gatorland showed me how to do it. He also showed me how to 'call' a gator and still to this day, when I'm near fresh water, it works. I can call 'em right up to me.

Don't get me wrong, I never would mess with a gator, they're grossly, fascinating creatures with very simple minds. Kinda like Photogs!

Welcome to FLA, the nuttiest flippin' state in the union, you'll love it!

It's kinda like 'Alice's Restaurant’; you can get most anything you want.

Right Keith?
Dave Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #30
Capt. Quirk

"ceptin Alice..."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood