DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Florida Addict (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/58567-florida-addict.html)

Dave Herring January 18th, 2006 07:03 AM

Florida Addict

Great, now, just one day later, I'm addicted to DVInfo.

Perfect site for me, I will read much more than I post. But you will get my two cents worth (and it will probably be worth-less.)

No, honestly, I've been working professionally for a long time... network, major-market and independent. I am of the opinion that DV has given everyone an even playing field, and that could not be more exciting for the television industry.

Thanks for having me!

Lorinda Norton January 18th, 2006 10:09 AM

Hey Dave!

Another one from Florida? Cool! I've been thinking there's something in the air down there that makes Florida DV guys wacky. (As evidence, I cite names like Rick, Keith, Mike....)

Maybe one of these days you'll fill in your location so we can narrow down the insanity? ;) But most of all, have fun, and welcome!!!

K. Forman January 18th, 2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hey Dave!

Another one from Florida? Cool! I've been thinking there's something in the air down there that makes Florida DV guys wacky. (As evidence, I cite names like Rick, Keith, Mike....)

Maybe one of these days you'll fill in your location so we can narrow down the insanity? ;) But most of all, have fun, and welcome!!!

:P Thhhhhhpt!

And to you Dave, welcome aboard!

Dave Herring January 18th, 2006 10:42 AM

Lorinda- wacky and seasoned, that's me.

I really liked your site, good to see people smiling, you guys look like you love your craft, and if that's so, I am right proud to know ya.

Idaho! Wooo, gotta be cold up there?

I edited my profile to show a location, it's only my second day in, so safe to say I will be around.

Hello Keith, I've heard of you guys at VA.

K. Forman January 18th, 2006 11:34 AM

I'm really hoping it was good stuff you heard?

Lorinda Norton January 18th, 2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
:P Thhhhhhpt!

See what I mean, Dave? ;)

Indian Rocks Beach, huh? Well, that blows my theory that all the *wacky* Florida DV'ers live on the east coast! lol!

There's an old thread around here somewhere about a bunch of us getting together for a day in Miami--maybe late May. Not sure it'll happen this year, but keep an eye out for us!

And yeah, it's been a little chilly over here in Idaho.

Mike Teutsch January 18th, 2006 01:04 PM

Dang, another left coaster!

Welcome Dave,

Seems that all who want to go out and play are far north or south of me on the East coast, or they're on the West coast. Then there is Idaho!!!!! :) At least we Floridians are warm! :)

We do have to have that Miami get together this year!

Best of luck to the whole gang-----Mike

Lorinda Norton January 18th, 2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
At least we Floridians are warm! :)

Hey, I'm warm! ;)

Mike Teutsch January 18th, 2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hey, I'm warm! ;)

Warm, you? :) The Weather Channel says 35, please step outdoors! :D

Let's see, supposted to be about 75 here tomorrow! And, I'll be out on a boat sailfishing!

Mike

K. Forman January 18th, 2006 03:05 PM

Hey- it was cold down here, so don't let Mike fool you. I actually had to put on a shirt with sleeves today! Brrrr!

Mike Teutsch January 18th, 2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Hey- it was cold down here, so don't let Mike fool you. I actually had to put on a shirt with sleeves today! Brrrr!

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

Don't tell her that! I actually wore long pants today for about the third time in over a year. But, then again I was up at 4:00am, and was supposed to be on a boat today. I've been working very hard to make her jealous! :)

Mike

K. Forman January 18th, 2006 03:59 PM

Hey... At least we aren't so bundled up, that we look like a tick about to pop ;)
And I hear what you're saying about pants. I've lost like 40 pounds since the last time I wore these jeans, and they are literally falling off me! At least I'll be able to go back to my standard shorts and t shirt tomorrow :)

Jeff McElroy January 18th, 2006 06:10 PM

I've been thinking there's something in the air down there that makes Florida DV guys wacky.

Either that, or something to do with hurricanes. :)

K. Forman January 18th, 2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff McElroy
I've been thinking there's something in the air down there that makes Florida DV guys wacky.

Either that, or something to do with hurricanes. :)

Them hurrycanes make for great kite flyin ;)

Dave Herring January 18th, 2006 06:52 PM

Hurricanes, 'we don't need no stinkin' Hurricanes', but I know a little bout it:

Things to do/or not when shooting a Hurricane.

1) Stay away from power poles
2) Cruise in a high clearance vehicle
3) Never give up your camera (or your body) to the elements for one shot
4) Lots of back up fuel...

...and never, ever try to BS the National Guard personnel (they have a serious mentality, very anal folk).

Oh and one more thing, pack lot's of food. Egg Salad sandwiches were going for twenty bucks each to field crews stranded on the Charleston peninsula after Hurricane Hugo.

More tips available, so little time.

By the way, thanks for such a warm welcome, what a cool site!

Gotta go edit, aloha!