DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Anyone Shooting HDV in Minnesota? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/61906-anyone-shooting-hdv-minnesota.html)

Robert M Wright March 2nd, 2006 08:09 AM

Anyone Shooting HDV in Minnesota?

I'd like to know if there is anyone else here from Minnesota shooting HDV.

Jon Wivell March 2nd, 2006 03:28 PM

I will be in like two weeks if/when I get an FX1.

Robert M Wright March 2nd, 2006 11:37 PM

Great to meet you Jon. I'm out in Watkins, about an hour and a half west of the cities. What part of Minnesota are you in?

Jon Wivell March 3rd, 2006 02:07 AM

Well, I go to school in St. Cloud, but I make frequent trips back to the cities to work at the MOA. What do you shoot primarily?

Robert M Wright March 3rd, 2006 03:10 AM

I'm about 20 minutes south of St. Cloud (5 miles west of Kimball). I just got an FX1 (was delivered yesterday - actually 2 days ago since it is now past midnight). Although I have only had the opportunity to fiddle with it a little, thus far, I can already say that I really like this camera. It might be sold by Sony's consumer division, but it's certainly not anything akin to a toy, to be sure! Want to grab a cup of coffee sometime?

Robert M Wright March 3rd, 2006 03:14 AM

Oh, I've got an HD10U and a DV300U also (and bunch of lesser cams).

Jon Wivell March 4th, 2006 10:23 PM

Sure thing on the coffee, but I don't forsee that any time soon. I can't remember the last time I had free time... Being hip deep in pre production on what is probably an overly ambitious television show has its drawbacks. But drop me a line in a few weeks and hopefully I can get away from everything for awhile.

Colin McFadden March 4th, 2006 10:39 PM

We've got three XL-H1s at the UofM (Twin Cities) that we've just started sending out with students.

Robert M Wright March 4th, 2006 10:44 PM

Jon - I'll drop you an email through here soon so you'll have my email address. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting someone else in Minnesota with an interest in HDV. What kind of television program are you working on?

Robert M Wright March 4th, 2006 10:50 PM

Wow Colin, that's great you are providing that kind of gear to the students. Last I looked at the UofM site, I think there were TRV900s available to the students there (if memory serves me correctly). That's a nice step up. I'd like to drop you an email as well. Would it be possible to come by sometime and have a look at the gear? I have an HD10U and just purchased an FX1. I'd love to see one of the Canons firsthand.

Jon Wivell March 4th, 2006 11:25 PM

I'm doing a half hour drama that follows six students at SCSU. In tone, it's very much like The OC, which I take a lot of crap for. Whatever, I'm having fun with it, so I'll keep doing it until the fun goes away I guess.

The U has XLH1's? And here I thought anything involving moving pictures was nonexistent there? I decided last night that I like the U more than St. Cloud, now if only I could get a tv education there... oh well...

Cole McDonald March 16th, 2006 02:32 PM

I'm from St. Cloud too, if you need any help on set, shoot an e-mail. I'm looking to get into HD soon, but it takes budget to do so. I'll be looking to upgrade soon though.