Anyone Shooting HDV in Minnesota? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:09 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Anyone Shooting HDV in Minnesota?

I'd like to know if there is anyone else here from Minnesota shooting HDV.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:28 PM   #2
New Boot

I will be in like two weeks if/when I get an FX1.
Jon Wivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Great to meet you Jon. I'm out in Watkins, about an hour and a half west of the cities. What part of Minnesota are you in?
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:07 AM   #4
New Boot

Well, I go to school in St. Cloud, but I make frequent trips back to the cities to work at the MOA. What do you shoot primarily?
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:10 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm about 20 minutes south of St. Cloud (5 miles west of Kimball). I just got an FX1 (was delivered yesterday - actually 2 days ago since it is now past midnight). Although I have only had the opportunity to fiddle with it a little, thus far, I can already say that I really like this camera. It might be sold by Sony's consumer division, but it's certainly not anything akin to a toy, to be sure! Want to grab a cup of coffee sometime?
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:14 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Oh, I've got an HD10U and a DV300U also (and bunch of lesser cams).
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #7
New Boot

Sure thing on the coffee, but I don't forsee that any time soon. I can't remember the last time I had free time... Being hip deep in pre production on what is probably an overly ambitious television show has its drawbacks. But drop me a line in a few weeks and hopefully I can get away from everything for awhile.
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Sponsor: divergent media

We've got three XL-H1s at the UofM (Twin Cities) that we've just started sending out with students.
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Jon - I'll drop you an email through here soon so you'll have my email address. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting someone else in Minnesota with an interest in HDV. What kind of television program are you working on?
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Wow Colin, that's great you are providing that kind of gear to the students. Last I looked at the UofM site, I think there were TRV900s available to the students there (if memory serves me correctly). That's a nice step up. I'd like to drop you an email as well. Would it be possible to come by sometime and have a look at the gear? I have an HD10U and just purchased an FX1. I'd love to see one of the Canons firsthand.
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #11
New Boot

I'm doing a half hour drama that follows six students at SCSU. In tone, it's very much like The OC, which I take a lot of crap for. Whatever, I'm having fun with it, so I'll keep doing it until the fun goes away I guess.

The U has XLH1's? And here I thought anything involving moving pictures was nonexistent there? I decided last night that I like the U more than St. Cloud, now if only I could get a tv education there... oh well...
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #12
Trustee

I'm from St. Cloud too, if you need any help on set, shoot an e-mail. I'm looking to get into HD soon, but it takes budget to do so. I'll be looking to upgrade soon though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood