DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy from Longmont, Colorado (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/64864-howdy-longmont-colorado.html)

Chris Milan April 11th, 2006 02:50 PM

Howdy from Longmont, Colorado

I am Chris Milan from Longmont Colorado.

I am currently involved in setting up online and cd/DVD training for Children's Hospital. I am a newbie to Video (about a year and a half).

I use a Canon GL-2 (love it), most of SeriousMagic Products, Vegas and DVD Architect and multiple Dell Computers (Laptop favorite is my XPS).

Do not hessitate to contact me regarding whatever...

Regards,

Chris Milan

Lorinda Norton April 11th, 2006 10:53 PM

Welcome, Chris!

Don't know where Longmont is (if I wasn't lazy I'd look it up), but if it's anywhere near Colorado Springs I may be in your neck of the woods later this year. Got relatives there, one of whom wants me to shoot a little movie with him. Love the Rockies!

Have fun shooting!! :)

Sean January April 12th, 2006 12:20 AM

Welcome Chris

Welcome Chris,

I'm in Denver via Littleton. I work for one of the local stations and do a little freelance stuff on the side. Glad to have you aboard.

Greg Bartlett April 12th, 2006 10:16 AM

Hi Chris,

I'm just north of you in Loveland. Feel free to contact me if you want to get together for lunch or coffee sometime.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel April 12th, 2006 10:20 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Golden
If anyone is planning on shooting any shorts or features, count me in.

Meryem Ersoz April 12th, 2006 10:56 AM

hi chris, welcome!

hi erik!

nice to see the front range well-represented....

anyone up for collaborating on DVC6? just around the corner....

Greg Bartlett April 12th, 2006 11:06 AM

I was just looking at when the 48 hour film festival was headed to Denver... No date yet, that I can find.

Maybe we should chat, I would definitely be in on DVC6 or some other event.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel April 12th, 2006 11:21 AM

Yep, count me in.
You guys want to meet for beers sometime?

Greg Bartlett April 12th, 2006 11:53 AM

I'm always up for a beer. Any suggestions on a central location? I'm happy to meet in boulder or North Denver or wherever really, I'm just not familiar with any good places...

Greg

Erik Rangel April 12th, 2006 01:00 PM

Maybe Meryem can suggest some place in Boulder, I don't really know my way around there.
The only place I could think of to go is CB&Potts in westminster.
http://www.cbpotts.com/westminster.php
Is that somewhat in the middle?
It'd be pretty cool if we could get a big DVINFO crowd together.

Meryem Ersoz April 12th, 2006 03:05 PM

a colorado dvinfo gathering is a good idea. let me give this a bit of thought. i shoulda thought of this last year, when i was invested in a restaurant and we could have done it for free. darn it...

still, boulder has several good options....

Greg Bartlett April 13th, 2006 08:55 AM

CB&Potts works for me and boulder is cool too. Looking forward to it.

Greg

Meryem Ersoz April 13th, 2006 09:38 AM

cb&potts is okay, i was thinking something along the lines of the west end tavern or something else with enough rooftop or outdoor seating to enjoy the colorado sunshine. nothing goes better with libations....

head count? shall we start a new thread on this? instead of hijacking chris' thread? if we get a lot of folks, we should probably give the tavern of choice a bit of advance notice.

in fact, let me e-mail chris hurd about putting up a forum to initiate local or regional gatherings. i think it is a great idea...dvxuser has this. we should, too. if he does it, we're likely to get an even better turn-out, because not everyone reads the newbies links....

Greg Bartlett April 13th, 2006 10:28 AM

Great ideas, new thread and or new forum would be great. We can credit Chris with the genesis.

The sun is shining very nicely today, I might ad.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel April 13th, 2006 11:29 AM

Something outside sounds good, but remember beer tends to get skunky in the sun...so we'll just have to drink them fast. :)