Hello from China! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 27th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #1
New Boot

Hello from China!

I am a DV-lover and also a fan of dvinfo.net.
Nice to meet you good guys here!
Tianfeng Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Major Player

(Spelled phonetically )

NEEHOW MAH!
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #3
Trustee

Nihao from me, too!
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #4
New Boot

HaHa,WoHenHao,XieXieNeeMen!
Yeah,very well!Thank you for your greetings!
I am very excited that you two guys know some Chinese, and you are welcome to China whenever at your convience. Please don't forget to contact me at that time, maybe I can show you around at my spare time then!
Shall we be friends? My msn is "bibobi@msn.com". Look forward to your further replies!
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #5
RED Code Chef

Hi Tianfeng, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Patnaude
(Spelled phonetically )

NEEHOW MAH!
Welcome to dvinfo.net! I discovered this group last year, and unlike many forums, where people seem to want to prove how smart they are to each other, this group has a great spirit of cooperation and camaraderie.

I don't know Chinese, but I did finally learn that NEEHOW MAH meant hello. For years I thought WOE -EYE-NEE meant hello. Some joke my Chinese roommate in college pulled on me.

Video is a fantastic way to bring people together from all across the globe. I look forward to seeing so of your footage. Most remarkable video I've ever seen was from China.... the guy standing in front of Tanks holding his grocery bags.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Trustee

Halo! There r a lot of nice folks here. I'm sure u will enjoy yourself.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #8
New Boot

Rob Lohman,Dick Mays,Sean Seah:
Thank you for your replies!

To Rob Lohman: Yeah, it‘s a pleasure to have so many good guys "live" together at DVinfo.net. You know, I can learn much about both (H)DV and English here. :)

To Dick Mays: As a fresh man, I don't know much about dvinfo.net now, but I do find many posts have given some particular descriptions from different angels which are helpful both to the posters and the browsers. Warm-hearted persons working together surely can make a prosperous forum.
You roommates is funny, for the phase "WOE -EYE-NEE " in Chinses means "I love you", so if you say hello that way to others especially Chinses girls, maybe they will think you are a Casanova or something like that. :)
Yeah, video is a great way to express oneself, but I have no dv at all, so it's a pity I can only shoot some short footages with Cannon S2 IS, if you like, I can upload it here.
One more thing, I don't know the meaning of "the guy standing in front of Tanks holding his grocery bags", can you explain it in more details? TIA

To Sean Seah: Thank you very much, and it's nice to meet you here.
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Tiangfeng Howe.

The guy with the grocery bags in front of the tank.

Here in the west, a news vision clip which is history from what I will call the Tiananmen Square incident has become a "must use" piece when an news item refers to that incident.

It has become a symbol of individual courage in the face of an overwhelming opponent when an allegation of Chinese political oppression is made in the news media.

In this clip, there was a young man who stood in way of a military tank to stop it from moving forward. When the tank tried to go around him, he would walk in front of it to stop it again. He held in hand things which looked like grocery bags. We also call these shopping bags.

I hope that referencing to Tiananmen Square has not caused the authorities to cut off your internet access or bring trouble to your door.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #10
New Boot

Bob Hart:
Sorry for such a long time I haven't been here for I am busy with my experiments these days.

"I hope that referencing to Tiananmen Square has not caused the authorities to cut off your internet access or bring trouble to your door."

I didn't know much about "the Tiananmen Square Incidents" for I am still a young boy at that time and I know it's always better to avoid these kinds of topics. :) So I would never have any trouble if you asked.
Tianfeng Howe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood