Here come the British! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 4th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #1
New Boot

Here come the British!

***Originally posted in 'These are the people in your neighbourhood'***

Hello everybody,

I've been skulking around these boards for a while before finally registering.

I'm based just outside of Liverpool in the UK and myself, and my partner, are currently trying to lift our video production enterprise by it's bootlaces.

I have some TV/Video education and an amateur enthusiast background. My partner has a photographic background.

We are in a portfolio building phase at the moment - which essentialy translates to, "We'll shoot anything, anywhere, anytime and cheap!".

I'm using an XL1s which will soon be joined by my partners XM2. So far we have quite a few jobs lined up for the portfolio - a couple of weddings, music video, local business/education promo's, local community projects...

We are trying to shoot and edit as diverse range of work as we can possibly manage. Our clients understand that we have an unproven track record, what we are trying to achieve and we have the opportunity to make all of our big mistakes in a relatively forgiving climate. So far, it is working well...

This is the first stage; the feasibility study. Progressing to a viable business will be the real test.

Are there any hardened veterans out there with any useful pointers? Or how about a few 9 to 5 dreamers like us - what are your experiences?
James Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2003, 06:00 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

"skulking"...this is the second time in my life that I've seen that word used. The first was in "Four Weddings and a Funeral."

Welcome, James. I'm glad you've joined the boards. Let us know more about you and your partners endeavors. Have a web site? Post a link. Have some footage? Post it. The best thing about this forum is that people are genuinely interested.

In the meantime, good luck to you in your portfolio building stage. We'll see you on the boards.
Old February 6th, 2003, 12:39 AM   #3
Major Player

here is an ongoing thread that is related

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...&threadid=2872

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood