DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hey from DC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/66282-hey-dc.html)

Casey Sattler April 30th, 2006 10:07 AM

Hey from DC

Just joined.... looking for crew members, collaberators, etc....

casey

Matt Gottshalk April 30th, 2006 11:09 AM

NoVa here....just North of the mixing bowl.

Howdy!

Rob Lohman May 1st, 2006 01:30 AM

Hey Casey, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Steven Davis May 1st, 2006 08:08 AM

Hey Casey, I sit down here in Richmond,Va. Welcome

Armin DeFiesta May 3rd, 2006 04:13 PM

Welcome, I'm in the DC metro area, just outside the Beltway on the MD side.

Tim Brown May 3rd, 2006 05:51 PM

Yup... count me in, but for what? Let me know what projects you have going on... all of you guys. Have gear, will travel.

Joe Carney May 6th, 2006 05:00 PM

Welcome, Fairfax myself, willing to travel.
Any other HD100 users around the DC Metro area?

Joe Carney May 14th, 2006 10:29 PM

One shot charlie it seems

Armin DeFiesta May 17th, 2006 03:19 PM

HD100? I wish! :) I've got an old VX1000, but I'm still thinking of selling it and upgrading.

Also, does anyone have the new Steadicam Merlin? I have a Glidecam 2000 and wanted to try one out and see which one I like better. Otherwise, does anyone know of a local shop that has both in stock to try?

Kris Holodak May 17th, 2006 07:33 PM

I have a Merlin at work. Not very good with it yet, but that just gives me an excuse to play with it (ahem) practice more. I've never seen a Glidecam in person. I wouldn't mind an exchange of demonstrations. If others are interested perhaps we could have a DC DVinfo gather/demo.

Tim Brown May 17th, 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
...perhaps we could have a DC DVinfo gather/demo.

Uh oh! If this happens, you gotta count me in.

I presume no one has any projects they're working on? I drove by the set of Evin Almighty this past weekend to see if they needed help, but they looked like they had things under control.

Joe Carney May 18th, 2006 12:24 PM

Me too, I have no experience using glidecam type stuff. I'm in the market for a good set of sticks. I want to lock it down and treat it like a heavy 35mm camera to get the best 24p look.

I'm also in the market for a good script, good actors, good place to rent the 13.3x lens, good production software, good locations to shoot at (recently drove around the Bull Run national battlefield area not far from where I live, lots of possibilities there)

Tim Brown May 18th, 2006 12:53 PM

I'm interested in some urban locations for a short coming up this winter. If anyone has any leads, I'd greatly appreciate it.

With regards to the Glidecam demo, I worked with a guy out of the D.C. area a few months back on a music vid that owns a Glidecam V-8. Perhaps he'd be interested in demoing his wares if a show-n-tell were to take place.

Joe; I've got a small light kit and am willing to help crew if I'm available. What type of locations did you have in mind? Let me know. As far as everything else on your list, I think you're still a bit ahead of the curve with your HD100.

As far as actors go, didn't you guys have Stonehenge up there a few weeks back?

Joe Carney May 19th, 2006 09:42 AM

Tim...Yes, but I was coming back from NAB and forgot about it. I hope to make the next dcsalon meeting to contact local talent. I would love to do a music video just to get real time experience with the camera and editing issues. I've heard there is a good film community down in Richmond.

I"ve been driving around bringing the camera with me, shooting anything that seemed interesting. Urban areas would be fine too. I'm hoping to make it up to Gary Ubereks shoot tonight or tomorrow. Maybe take some behind the scenes footage. I've got lots of stills of cast and crew from last time I worked with him.

Armin DeFiesta May 26th, 2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
I have a Merlin at work. Not very good with it yet, but that just gives me an excuse to play with it (ahem) practice more. I've never seen a Glidecam in person. I wouldn't mind an exchange of demonstrations. If others are interested perhaps we could have a DC DVinfo gather/demo.

Have you found it difficult to balance... and what camera are you using?